Search Unity

Assets (WIP) Gothic Cathedral [Based on Duomo Milan]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Origin, May 9, 2017.

1. Origin

Origin

Hello all. I have begun work on a tile set that is based on the gothic cathedral 'Duomo Milan.' I plan to have it up for sale in the Asset Store upon completion. And as this is a tile set, you will be able to create your own structures, you will not be restricted to just this cathedral, or even a cathedral at all, if you wish to create some other sort of building.

So on to the visuals. First up is my reference sheet, just to give you an idea of what i am going for. Some details are probably going to be left out, as there are a lot of statues, relief carvings, and other small details that would take ages to replicate.

And this is where I am at currently. The front facade is near complete and the sides are in construction.

I will have more updates and renders as I progress

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  2. Origin

Origin

Couple new renders. Still pushing forward. Got the sides mocked up, and the back side is in the works.

More to come, as I continue to progress.

alexanderameye, wetcircuit and roryo like this.
  3. geraldsmallbear

geraldsmallbear

Modular Cathedrals. This is a beautiful idea.

4. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Looks fantastic, but I really hope it comes (future updates) with interiors. Only exteriors in 2017 is pretty boring and it's pretty hard to create an interior with other assets which don't fit to the exterior style.

Looking forward to see more.
    Cheers
    Ronny

5. Origin

Origin

I definitely plan to create an interior tile set, at least for the main chapel area. But yes, that will be later.

RonnyDance likes this.
  6. Origin

Origin

Been a busy past couple weeks but I managed to make some more progress. Will hopefully have more time in the coming days/weeks to keep pushing forward.

Pretty much all that is left in terms of modeling is the main spire, and some decorative elements.

cdn image server

punk and roryo like this.
  7. mensch-mueller

mensch-mueller

Hey @Origin
    That is great work!
    Is this model broken into pieces? I mean, are all the capitels, linkages and walls seperat pieces? I ask, because i´m working now with Archimatix (https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/a...d-parametric-modeler-for-unity.330869/page-36), an asset, which let you easily reuse this elements, to create something different!
    But anyway, oustanding work! Looking forward to release. :)

Cheers Michael

Edit: Sorry, read first post, its a tile-set! my question is now obsolete ;)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  8. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

A for sure buy for me.
    In my pursuit to build this. Sagrada Familia

alexanderameye likes this.
  9. Origin

Origin

Thanks Mensch-Mueller and Pixelsteam.

New update, still progressing a bit slow; summer, other things, real life, you know. :)

Anyway, the modeling is just about done, just finishing up optimizing the models, uv mapping, and then onto creating maps for textures. Will hopefully have more progress updates soon.

alexanderameye and pixelsteam like this.
  10. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Just checking in on status of this...