Search Unity

Games [WIP] Fifo's Night - 3D Plaforms Action Game (Student Project)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by aarnanz, Jan 12, 2019.

1. aarnanz

aarnanz

Hi everyone! My name is Alvaro and I from Spain. I am studying game development for about 1 year more or less and I want to share with you my final Master Project of Unity that I am coursing right now. I open this thread to update the development of this project.

The game is called "Fifo's Night" and is a 3D Plaforms and Action game in which you control a little Ghost called "Fifo", and the main Quest is to collect all the Magic Power Candys that have been stollen from the "CandyWood Mansion".

The game is inspired in games like Yooka Laylee, The Legend of Zelda, Luigi's Mansion, Crash Bandicoot, Mario Galaxy and more. The development will take about four months to be completed, starting it at the beginning of December 2018 and releasing in March 2019.

I will apreciate some feedback and I hope you like it. I will update the thread every week so stay tunned!

Screenshot01.jpg

Screenshot02.jpg

2. aarnanz

aarnanz

Hello again!

Today I want to share the progress that I made in the movement of the character and the camera controls.
    For the movement I made the horizontal displace, single jump , double jump and attack, and for the tongue and tails I used Dynamic Bones.
    And for the camera I made that the character orientate in funcition of the forward of the camera and collide with the environment using rays. Here a video example.

3. aarnanz

aarnanz

Hello!

This week I have been working on the modular environment for the level 1. It's a modular with a dungeon theme. The next days I will work in the details and I hopefully finished it the next weekend.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

I made the shader totally customizable as you can see in the .gif to can adjust the color, and probably I will used it in other zones only by changeing the colors, and thats the textures I made in Substance Desingner for the differents parts of the modular.

CapturaTextures.PNG

Here you can see a concept for the next update I will make the next days. Hope you like it!

Captura.PNG

CapturaDetails.PNG
    See you in a couple of days! :D

starmind001 and RavenOfCode like this.
  4. Yurena_Dev

Yurena_Dev

So cool!!
    That enviroment is crazy, I LOVE it! Pretty productive way to build an stage, fast and beautifull.
    You have a new follower over here, keep going hard!

aarnanz likes this.
  5. aarnanz

aarnanz

Hello again!

Today I want to share with you the progress I made in the combat.This week I made the health bar, the stamina and the Enemy Controller. Hope you like it!

starmind001 and RavenOfCode like this.
  6. EDevJogos

EDevJogos

Looking great, waiting to see more, nice work.

owlhowell and aarnanz like this.
  7. aarnanz

aarnanz

Hey!

This week I was bussy making the modular and setting up the main part of the level 1 (The Dungeon). I made some changes in the textures showing before in the post and finished the details and some props. Hope you like it!

Some this will change in the future, it's still in WIP.

Here some screenshots and a little video moving Fifo around the environment:

Captura.PNG Captura2.PNG Captura3.PNG

EDevJogos likes this.
  8. aarnanz

aarnanz

Hello guys!

Sorry for not posted this past weeks, I'm really bussy making a lot cool, but hard things for the game. I was working in the save system, the menus, enemies AI, and specially in a "Boss". Here are some picture of the project. Hope you like and sorry again jeje :).

--- Environment Screenshots (WIP) ---

2.jpg 4.jpg 1.jpg

9. aarnanz

aarnanz

--- Menus Screenshots (WIP) ---

5.jpg 6.jpg

10. aarnanz

aarnanz

--- Combat Mechanics(WIP) ---

RavenOfCode likes this.
  11. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

Looks really cool! I love the art style and it all looks quite polished.

Are there any more moves than just the spin? Having some sort of variance in attack methods could help improve the combat loop.

12. CoderPro

CoderPro

Hi,
    What is the name of fonts that you are using in your game ?

13. aarnanz

aarnanz

Hi!, Sorry for being away for a long time :(, lots of work done these months ;).I know I said the game will be released in March, but my Academy selected it to be fully developed and released in Steam. Now I'm developing the game with my class colleages. I´m really happy about it, its a dream come true.

You can follow us in the official accounts to know more about the development:
    - Twitter: @fifosnight
    - Instagram: @fifosnight_game
    - Facebook: Fifo's Night

Here are some screenshots about what we have done these months. Hope you like it and sorry again, I will try to be more constant and upload a post every two weeks.

screen_1920x1080_2019-06-18_20-12-42.png screen_1920x1080_2019-06-18_20-13-22.png screen_1920x1080_2019-06-18_20-14-29.png

14. aarnanz

aarnanz

Hello, the name is Bernacle Boy. :)

CoderPro likes this.
  15. aarnanz

aarnanz

Hi, Yes, we have another attack, an stomp attack. :)

16. aarnanz

aarnanz

Hi! This weeks we are working hard to prepare the presentation of the game in Mundos Digitales, a convention about digital arts in Galicia, Spain. We prepare a short demo in the library level, with puzzles, platforms and combat and a short teasser of what is coming. I hope you like it:

Here some screenshots of the level:

Captura.JPG Captura2.JPG

17. JohnPet

JohnPet

This is fantastic! I dig the atmosphere and gameplay.

ClaudiaTheDev likes this.
  18. ClaudiaTheDev

ClaudiaTheDev

I would love to play it! Are you planning a console release?

19. aarnanz

aarnanz

We would like to port the game to PS4 but we cant promise it :(, but in Steam for sure ;)

20. aarnanz

aarnanz

Thank you so much!! :D

21. OwlTheoryMusic

OwlTheoryMusic

Terrific work on the visual style. The gameplay looks fun as well. Keep it up aarnanz!

aarnanz likes this.
  22. JohnPet

JohnPet

The last two library screenshots remind of Harry Potter: The Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of secrets PC games!

aarnanz likes this.
  23. aarnanz

aarnanz

Thank u!! :D

24. aarnanz

aarnanz

Maybe I'm a little bit inspire of those games jeje

25. aarnanz

aarnanz

Hi!
    In this post I will tell you our lasts development news.
    First of all, we are very exciting because people who played the demo in Mundos Digitales became very happy and the feedback received was very good and usefull.

Here a little gameplay video of the demo:

And now, we are finishing the first boss of the game.

ChopeSpoiler.jpg

Captura.JPG
    We hope in few days will be playable. This level consists in platforming through different paths made with floating tables. We know you will have a good experience in this boss. The programmers are still ending last little details to have a good feel playing this part of the game.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

We have some different levels, enemies, shaders... to show you. But one thing at a time.
    At least, we can see the final date. The game is pretty advanced and we are beginning to see the results of a very hard work. We are sure you will enjoy it!

You can follow us in the official accounts to know more about the development:

Thank you all!

26. aarnanz

aarnanz

Hi! After a few months of hard work Fifo's Night will came out in Q1 2020. You can add to your wishlist right now on Steam!!!

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1191550/

SteamPromo.png
    Lot of things happened these months, but finally the result is here! Hope you like it!!

You can follow us in the official accounts to know more about the final part of the development: