Search Unity

Assets Fieldwork Toolkit - Complete foundation tools for game creation.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by altan86, Jun 7, 2018.

1. altan86

altan86

Foundation for making a great game!
    upload_2018-6-7_19-42-56.png
    Introduction
    Fieldwork toolkit (FT) is a complete set of game development tools for Unity that rapidly setups game systems using UI Editors. The toolkit does not require coding but knowledge in using variables, setting up event chains, and understanding game mechanics is required.

Current version: Fieldwork Toolkit: Gypsum

Supported genre: 2D/3D, Adventure, and Visual Novel.

License and language: Apache License version 2.0, C#

Game using this toolkit: Project Sense (Demo link here)

Below are the list of features and or systems that is available in the Gypsum version:
    EventMaster_GUI.png EventMaster_GUI02.png FlagEditor_GUI.png InvInUse_GUI.png
    • EventMaster: The heart of the toolkit, allows you to control dialogs, choices, item, flags, inventory, system operations, animation, npc, time, camera, scenes, and many more.
    • GameObject state persistency: All changes made to GameObject are persistent between scenes.
    • EventCard Editor: A flexible and easy to use GUI editor that manages the game event chains and game play setup.
    • Editor oriented setup (No coding required, just mouse clicks) : Set of GUI editors to edit event chains, create flags, create items, and setup inventory.
    • FlagTracer: An Event chain Debugger that visualize your game events, flag usage, and event dependencies.
    • Save/loading system: Complete Load/Save game system with ready to use UI Menus.
    • DebugToolkit: An In-game post-build debugger that displays and logs all debug message, frame rate, static variables, flags, and inventory.
    • Flag Creator (variables created with no coding required): UI based flag creation and referencing, supports bool, int, float, string variables. GUI Editor included.
    • Inventory: Complete inventory, entries, and map system with ready to use UI Menu and Editor.
    • Item: Customization item system and management with GUI Editor.
    • Streamlined UI/Menu setup: Single prefab, one drop into hierarchy and you are ready to go.
    • Customizable Event triggering: Players or GameObjects can interact with the game environment with Manual interaction (keyboard/gamepad/mouse input), proximity interaction (tag filtered trigger colliders), or distance sensing.
    • Multipurpose camera tracking and presentation. 2D side scrolling/ top down and 3D 1st or 3rd person.
    • Dialogs/Choice: Flexible dialog/choice options layout and display, ready to use UI Menu and Editor.
    • AnimeScript: Makes any animator state persistent between scene change.
    • BasicPlayerControl2D: Base control script that will make your 2D character move immediately in a side scrolling setup.
    • Cutscene: Run cutscenes as a standalone scene or as an in-game overlay. Easy to organize into scenes.
    • BasicNPC2D:
    • GenericButtonSystem: Toolkit in-house UI button management system. Easily create menus and UI button function.
    • MeterMaid: Realtime meter updates and management, create customizable health bars, timer tracking, item quantity tracking, flag tracking, etc.
    • MiniGame: Customizable mini game creation. Add mini games to your game with ready to use UI Menu.
    • AugmentScript: Fieldwork toolkit has everything but sometimes you might want to run custom codes so expansions via scripting is allowed.
    • And a lot more...
    If you are interested in using this toolkit or want my help/hire me with setting up/managing the game setup, please feel free to contact me in this forums. Currently I am available for hire as a programmer for any new game projects.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    DrOcto likes this.
  2. altan86

altan86

Progress report:
    • [3 July 2020] Entities-Container System (previously was Item-Inventory System) has been added to Fieldwork Toolkit Calcite. You can view the feature review video here:

• [30 May 2020] It has been 2 years since I officially announce this project and I can say that the toolkit scripting is 95% done and its in the most stable version

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  3. altan86

altan86

[Reserved]