Search Unity

[WIP]Developer Console

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by piluve, Feb 12, 2013.

1. piluve

piluve

What is Developer Console?

DC, is an in-game console implementation, with that you can change values like the render settings,player settings, values from scripts,debugg code...

It will be for those developers who want to save time, because with the console, you can adjust, change values inside the game!

How much it will cost?

Yes,at the moment it won´t be free (probably i will do a free version later depending on the feedback).
    At the moment, i have not finished it, so i´m not sure on the price(something rounding 5/20(€) ) ...

ETA?

Probably at the end of February!

Is it easy to implement?

Yeah sure, you just have to drag and drop the "Console Code" into your player and start working on it!

But , if you you want to get the most of these tool you must create your own voids(I´ve made some examples but i can´t do commands for all the games types.

Which programming language uses?

I´m coding it in C# but It will work with JS scripts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Update 1

Today I´ve been working on the console and now, you can modify values from other sctips, added to, a help command to show current commands!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Update 2

I want to improve the debug system and show the "debugs" in other colors depending on if are Log/Warning/Error.
    • New interface look
    • Added more commands
    • Advanced help
    • Debug!

Here you see the new look!

InGameConsole Debug!

Please give me your feedback/opinion!

See you!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  2. piluve

piluve

Updated!

3. AusAndrew19

AusAndrew19

This looks awesome! Good job.

4. Brotherhood

Brotherhood

It's looking pretty good so far.

Two bits of advice.
    1. You might have a problem trying to sell it for over €5 unless you bring some pretty nice features to the table. Reason being, there's already a few developer consoles floating about for Unity. A couple of them are free and I know of one in the asset store that's €1.50 / $2 (USD).
    2. Careful with encouraging too much use of the Debug.Log/Warning/Error commands since they can have a huge drain on fps when used improperly. So, it would probably be better if you created your own log/error handler.

Best of luck. :)