Search Unity

Games [WIP, DEMO] Epocria. Survival Single/Multiplayer Game! Mixes science and magic together!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by AncientEntity, Oct 28, 2020.

1. AncientEntity

AncientEntity

Epocria
    Almost two years ago I posted a thread about my game Industrial Demise. Since then It was renamed to Epocria, has a demo on steam and i've even developed my own multiplayer solution for Unity that works with it. It has been a crazy ride and I thought I would once again post to the Unity forums since it has been a long time since then.

Goals
    For release (sometime in 2021 I hope) I have set a few abstracts goals I would like to complete before release:
    • 250+ Items. (Accessories, Weapons, etc. Enough for different classes)
    • Multiple Dimensions/Worlds (Caves Included)
    • 2-3 main bosses
    • Singleplayer/Multiplayer. (Making my own networking solution for this. called ENS)
    • 2 - 6 hours of any% content
    I have other goals in mind as well but these are the main ones that tie the game together.
    Essentially I would like to release my game in a similar state to the first release of Terraria. I am a big fan of Terraria and the way they have been doing updates since release and that's the way i'd like to go. So I am planning on releasing with 2-6 hours of content, then adding more content after (For free of course).

Art
    When I first started Epocria I couldn't do pixel art at all. Since then I have been slowly improving my craft and converting all Epocria's free to use art into art i've made. A tip i'd give to anyone trying to make art for their game is that sometimes you'll start something and it'll look like absolute garbage, but if you mess with the colour sliders or add some shading sometimes that can really spice it up.

Gameplay Trailer
    The steam trailer took about one week of hard work to get done. It was quite a challenge for me, as I didn't have recorded gameplay in the past to use. This is mostly because i've been slowly redoing the art to a style I like and can draw, but as well as it would show outdated features. But in the end I got a 1 minute 34 second trailer, wish it was 4 seconds shorter. But I still really like it. So here it is:

Future
    The future for Epocria looks good! A decent chunk of my release goals are done, and I managed to get out a demo. If you've made it this far and would like to try out the demo check it here. As well as please wishlist the game there as well it really helps!
    If you'd like to continue following development check out our website Epocria.net or just join our discord here: https://discord.gg/aauaXJJ

Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! You get a gold star! If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!