Search Unity

Assets [WIP] Cute Pixelart Platformer 16px Kit

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by tinymoss, Feb 14, 2019.

1. tinymoss

tinymoss

Hey everyone! I'm currently making a kit with all the basics to make platformer games.
    Player, NPCs, monsters and of course 16x16 tiles and items. Items & mobs will be animated, as well as some of the tiles.
    If you have specific requests/ feedback, please let me know :)

2. kennethDevelops

kennethDevelops

Hey! This looks really cool!

Hmm maybe you could have more items like a sword, shield, diamonds and stuff like that. You could make houses too.

3. tinymoss

tinymoss

Thanks Kenneth :) Hm yeah I was thinking about what kind of weapons to add. I think most people would want a sword. Originally I thought of making the player a witch who can fire projectiles/ spells. A bow would also be an option. Not sure yet which option to go with.
    Gonna add some diamonds now :)

EDIT: Added some diamonds, different types of movable platforms and a few NPC.

EDIT 2: Changed the NPC a bit and added a king, cause why not. NPCs are supposed to be used as questgivers and shopkeepers and will have animations relevant to that.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    kennethDevelops likes this.
  4. kennethDevelops

kennethDevelops

So far looks really cool! Why don't you wrap it up with everything you have now and start selling the kit in the asset store? Then you can keep adding more stuff to it as a version update or let this be the "lite version" and then the full version with all the assets. Just an idea tho

5. tinymoss

tinymoss

Hm good idea! I think I've all main things in there. Now what is left is too add FX & animations. And polish it a bit. Once that's done I can submit it, I think. And then I can extend it trough updates yeah :)

EDIT: Here a some quick test animations. These are NOT THE FINAL animations. Just to see how things will look in action :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    JohnLabern and kennethDevelops like this.
  6. tinymoss

tinymoss

Just submitted a FREE pixelart font to the asset store. Will post a link once it's approved :)
    This is independent of the tileset I'm making, but made to work nice with it.

7. tinymoss

tinymoss

8. tinymoss

tinymoss

Started animating the items and NPC :)

JohnLabern likes this.
  9. tinymoss

tinymoss

Finished all the animations for the monsters, items & tiles. Now I only need to put it all in Unity & make an example scene.

JohnLabern likes this.