Search Unity

[WIP] [C#] [2D] Qubic: The Puzzle Game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by IAmZeph, Feb 6, 2015.

1. IAmZeph

IAmZeph

Hello!
    I'm in the process of creating a simple but cool puzzle game where the main mechanic is switching between different geometric shapes (currently only squares but I want to implement rectangles and other shapes). I also want to some time in the future add a feature where you could have special squares that can be resized while playing. I've currently just created the first prototype level where you're supposed to get over the wall with the main square (the blue one) and then get back with it. There are no triggers in the level because this is just a prototype so feel free to do what you want. I've currently got three different types of squares in the game:

1) In the first image you can see the main square. It is the main shape that you need to deliver to different places.

2) In the second image you can see a normal square. It is made for other squares to jump on or for making something out of them.

3) In the third image you can see a high jumper. It is a special square that allows the main square (when being on top of a high jumper) to jump a lot higher than when jumping while being on a normal square.

Controls:

D or Right Arrow to go forward while controlling a square.
    A or Left Arrow to go backward while controlling a square.
    Space to jump while controlling a square.

First Level Controls:

F1
    to switch to the first normal square.
    F2 to switch to the second normal square.
    F3 to switch to the high jumper square.
    F4 to switch to the main square.

In the first level you've got given 2 normal squares, 1 high jumper and 1 main square. Deliver the main square to the other side of the wall and back to finish the level. You can see which square you've selected by the outline on it.

DOWNLOAD
    http://tinyurl.com/qubicv01

This is just a prototype for the game. Remember that when playing. If you find any bugs please report them below. Thanks for testing out the game. It's appreciated. :)
    I think that with polish and more levels this could be made into an awesome puzzle game. What do you think?

Here is how to finish the first level. Beware of spoilers! http://gifmaker.cc/PlayGIFAnimation...XhWigInOLWiyXJqVlqFFT1&file=output_hLLd1v.gif

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015