Search Unity

[WIP] BlockHanger

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by bayunanda, Dec 23, 2015.

1. bayunanda

bayunanda

Hi All,
    In my current game development, I got many things and improvements over the time that I would like to share at the time, but there aren't much people surround me are even familiar with game dev. So I decided to share it here, hope that I can keep in touch with unity developers here while I develop this game.

GENRE :

I've made a mistake on deciding the plot for very first game development (the whole story is in my blog),
    So after I re-think of that, I changed my decision right away and decided to make a game that everyone is just familiar with control and stuff and more easier to make.
    So I go with a genre like CrossyRoad or Frogger as its ancestor, with a twist in this and that a little to make it different and have some other value.

PLOT & GAMEPLAY :

The game is about climbing the tallest cube shaped mountain in the game's world, with a high score base game, and collect some useful treasures along the way,
    For the little modification and twist from just a frogger genre, here I'm combining the features of games that I was currently playing and I think it's simple but brilliant, and that is, the gameplay simplicity of Crossroads, lovely stage views of Fez, and blocky looking everything of Minecraft, with a customizable character.
    Basically here I just create a 4 random generated path sides of cube mountain with a crossy road kind of controls, and mountain themed game. But after I build the draft and tested it, it feels different enough from the others so I think it's good to go.

Here's the screenshots :

First finished prototype :

Using flappybird as the representation of an annoying bird feels just right lol

How the game looks now screenshots :

GAME PROGRESS :
    Okay now, to my progress.
    Here's what I've achieved so far, I've compiled a footage of my major progress into a video (thanks to my friend) :

- Forgot to mention that I use UnityAds for my plan on advertisement, I have some experimental approach on using ads that I'll share it later.

CURRENT DEVELOPMENT :
    Now I've just done optimizing and re-structurize major part of my code from a mess spaghetti structure from before, now I'm still in the phase of cleaning, but I believe it doesn't take too long to get to the next progress of finishing.

I think, that's all I've got right now, I'll try to update things if there's some cool stuff going on, or something that I want to ask in here. Feedbacks are welcome of course. (but maybe better later in beta testing, where we can hands-on testing the game, because lots of things that's still in question whether some of what I added in gameplay is working or not).

Let's continue on development guys.

vedinislamovic likes this.