Search Unity

Games [WIP] Block-Based Building Game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by ASFghost, Jun 8, 2018.

1. ASFghost

ASFghost

Header.jpg
    Hey Unity forums :) I'm Anthony, project lead for the game Block Party - a block-based building game made with the Unity engine. I've been working with the engine for a few years now, and have been developing this game basically by myself for about a year now.

The game has garnered a lot of attention in recent months, and our Discord community has grown to almost 180 members by now. The game itself allows you to control a plastic toy character, and build in various environments using plastic "blocks" / modules. In addition to building, players will be able to set up custom server games types (i.e. racing games, death matches, RPGs and adventure games, etc.), using their own builds and mods / custom content. The game is planned to be released for both PC and mobile devices.

Here are some screenshots showing the game's progress as of late:
    6618_Kitchen_Collage.jpg 41718_ShadersTweaks.jpg

Some older screenshots, and in-game builds made by our community play-testing the game:
    collageC.jpg
    collageB.jpg

Feedback of course is welcome; I should be updating this topic regularly as more progress is made.

2. ASFghost

ASFghost

A few videos recorded in the past, showing one of the maps players can build in / explore, and how building works:

Does anyone think this is a good concept for a game, and is worth pursuing further? I know there a couple other games on the market with a similar concept.

3. PixelGX

PixelGX

Even though this is similar to Blockland, keep pursuing further since your community has already been established.

ASFghost likes this.