Search Unity

Games [WIP] AutomaTASK

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by ChekaaM, Feb 15, 2018.

1. ChekaaM

ChekaaM

AutomaTASK is a game where you have to program using really simple code the movement / actions of your robots with the objective of bring the blue cube to the red platform.

Select one of the 3 robots available in each spawn platform , the number of spawn platform varies depending the level

Then you can start programing you robot by clicking it and adding TASKS , for add a new task write "add" followed by the TASK and his parameters if needed for example "add forward 4" , you can check all the commands and tasks writing "help" in console.

Type of robots:

Charger: This robot can use the command "add charge" for activate the platforms underneath of him , this platform will trigger the bridge of the same color.

Claws: This robot can use the command "add tgglgrab" for grab and drop the blue cubes or mirrors.

Laser: This robot can use the command "add laser" for activa a laser which can activate buttons in the walls, thi button will trigger bridges of the same color.

After selecting you robot , you can start adding task by clicking it and writing the commands in the command line. You can type "help" for display all the commands available in the robot

You can use the time measurer by Right clicking and dragging for calculate how long will take the robot go from point to point.

if you think you are done for testing , you can execute all the robots by pressing the Play button in the bottom right of the screen

You complete the level when you succesfully bring the blue cube to the red zone using the robots

itch.io page
    Discord
    Twitter

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. ChekaaM

ChekaaM

Added a new menu , level fixes and now you can see the Task queue at the console left side

3. khos

khos

I think this is a very cool idea!

4. ChekaaM

ChekaaM

5. ChekaaM

ChekaaM

I've been working on a improving the GUI, tutorial and fixing some problems in the gamelogic. Here are some GIFs of the news additions.

New options screen GUI:

The tutorial and also new icons.

New look for the console and now the command

khos likes this.
  6. ChekaaM

ChekaaM

I have the feeling i need to add more stuff to the scene for get a better looking , but still i have no idea what.

Small change to the icons , now they have the name too

Added a confirmation pop up when the Delete button is pressed

Now the cube get darker when its grabbed

khos likes this.
  7. ChekaaM

ChekaaM

8. ChekaaM

ChekaaM

-Added sound FX like motor sound for the robots and unique sound for each robot when it spawns or opens a console.

-Now if you right click near to a robot for display the ruler, it will snap to the center of the robot so its easier to calculate the time more accurately.

-I'm aware of on later levels where puzzles get more complex its kinda frustrating repeat over and over with the current movement speed, so I added two more buttons so you can now execute with the double or triple speed.

-Some text boxes at the starter tutorial were moved to the level when the player will actually need and use that information so the tutorial is not overflooded with text.

9. Fortitude3D

Fortitude3D

Cute as brother

10. ChekaaM

ChekaaM

I decided to remove the 3X button it was too much

11. ChekaaM

ChekaaM

12. ChekaaM

ChekaaM

Working on the level editor:

13. khos

khos

Working fast! Would love to try this game, like the colour style reminds me of a my old IBM compatible x86 PC way back.

ChekaaM likes this.