Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

WIP: Aussie Rules Grass Roots

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by sb944, Jan 3, 2017.

1. sb944

sb944

I've released a beta of my pet project, a sports game based on Aussie Rules Football.

From pretty early on this was a project to test how I like game programming/Unity/3D etc, but still not something I took lightly. It's a market that typically gets 1 big licensed release every few years, and to date, none of those have really delivered. There is a fully featured mobile version (for a steep $10) of the latest licensed AFL game, the only other thing I could find (on Android at least) is a couple of very basic flick at goal games with about 5K downloads each. So I decided for my first project to try and fill the void a little, and have a semi-featured fun mobile game. Given the inspiration in the "Can it be done" thread on Unity forums, I scaled it back to have something done in 12 weeks (took 16 weeks). So right now, all you can do is a play a single game, which I wanted to release just to get some feedback/support. I wouldn't expect too much support for my game idea on Unity forums given it's a niche sport in Australia, but I'd appreciate any feedback. It's on the Android store, having a little trouble getting it on the IOS store, but will try to get it up there soon:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cinchai.afl

I'd also like a bit of an opinion on where to next. I have a list of features to start building to make this game more compelling, but it's a niche market, and I feel like time would be better spent making a new game that is more universal. But it would be a shame to leave this as just a beta, and I have so many ideas I'd like to put into this.

For now, I'm going to take a little breather, maybe play around with VR, maybe a little fun project.