Search Unity

[WIP] [Assets\Scripting] Achievement Notification System

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by EpiKnightz, Jan 8, 2014.

?

If this is sold on Asset Store, how much would you willing to pay for it?

1. 2$

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. 5$

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. 10$

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. or maybe even 15$ :D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. EpiKnightz

EpiKnightz

Hi guys :)

First of all, I don't know if it's considered "small work", but as this is my first ever Unity submission and I desperately need feedbacks so I decided to create a thread here. Hope that I didn't break any rule.

Achievement Notification System

What it is:
    As the name suggest, this is a system that will help you integrate achievements and notification feature to your project as simple convenient as possible, with many options for you to customize to your need.

Feature list:
    • Singleton Pattern: so you can easily modify and call it from anywhere
    • Easy to modify the starting position and the destination position of notifications relatively to the screen width and height, not per pixel
    • You can set texts, images, and even custom sounds to the notifications, with just one line of code
    • You can enable auto save and load achievement's progress, right in the editor
    • Easy to set up, you just need to throw 2 prefabs into the scene
    • Add or set achievement's progress easy with just one line of code
    • Everything else can be done in the editor
    • And more as you explore
    Showcase:
    Demo Webplayer

Credit to the original framework by Steve Gargolinski. Check it out here: http://www.stevegargolinski.com/progress-a-free-achievement-framework-for-unity/

So as I'm new here, I really want your opinion on this. Is this good enough to be submitted to Asset Store? If yes, then how much would you pay for it? (I created a poll so you can all vote) Yes, I know, we all want everything to be free :D, but I'm kinda jobless right now, not really desperate for money, but anything would help.

If no, then why? What part of it you don't like, what aspect that need to be improve? New feature that you want to add in the future? or even a better, catchier name?

Please feel free to give me your opinion, criticism, or even bash me if you want :D So this can become better better.

Current Status:
    + Finished the core system
    + Created a demo scenes
    + Working on quick guide, documentations, commenting, store's appearance and maybe even a video tutorial series (if requested)

Planned features:
    + More friendly UI in the Editor, using PropertyAttribute and PropertyDrawer. Or maybe even a custom Window?
    + Improve demo quality with 2D/3D game object based GUI

Might have features:
    + Connect with online API like kongrate, scoreoid, gamejolt, facebook
    + Integrate with NGUI/DF-GUI
    + Your suggestions...?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  2. deadfire52

deadfire52

I would freakking love something like this, especially if it performed well on mobile. It would also make making a tutorial easier.

Is there a way to not rely on Unity's GUI system for the achievement screen?

3. EpiKnightz

EpiKnightz

I'm thinking about it too, as UnityGUI is really bad for drawcalls optimization. Since the script showing AchievementGUI is completely separate from the AchievementManager class, it can be modified freely to your need. The demo is just showing what achievement screen can look like, and it's still very much WIP.

I'm tempted to make a GUI based on 3D/2D game objects but I fear it may take the lightweight factor out of the package though. But the demo absolutely need more polishing and optimization and as soon as I finished documentation I will work on it. NGUI and DF-GUI integration is also a must in my mind but it's price range is out of my reach right now so it will have to wait a little bit. I really hope that Unity new GUI will be released soon.

4. btiger19

btiger19

Hi, this looks great, is it available on Asset Store now?