Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games [WIP] [aRPG] [Win] Starlight Alliance

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by origamihero-games, Feb 14, 2021.

1. origamihero-games

origamihero-games

My current WIP project Starlight Alliance is an action RPG for Windows (and maybe other platforms) featuring two playable characters. One is player-controlled, and the other runs on basic AI. These two have to shoot and punch their way through drones, robots and androids and save earth on their intergalactic adventure.

Starlight Alliance on Steam (steampowered.com)

The game is inspired by games like Megaman Legends and other more action-y jRPGs. Progression is mostly linear, but there are many optional places to explore and things to do - like crafting, hunting for power modulators or materials and the occasional optional quest. It'll be a ~15 hour adventure with two endings.

Gameplay

Starlight Alliance's gameplay focusses on exploration, item discovery and fast-paced battles. Each discovered landmark in an area can be quick-travelled to. Characters collect money and experience points through battles, as well as skill points. Additional skills - active and passive - can be unlocked with them. New equipment can be bought or crafted. Stats upgrades, items and materials are hidden all over the world.

Screenshots

Progress and Development [90% finished]

I'm the sole dev of Starlight Alliance and I'm about to enter the beta phase of the game. Most content is there, and the game can be played through from beginning to end. I expect the beta phase to still last quite a while. RPGs tend to be compex and prone to bugs. And I've found so many on my recent playthroughs.

I've used some background Assets from the Unity Store (both free and commercial), which is helping dev time quite a bit. The character models, music, terrains/areas and game systems/code are all my own work.

Wish me luck with this!! :3

Twitter for more dev stuff: http://www.twitter.com/origamihero

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  2. origamihero-games

origamihero-games

Finally got around to make a quick trailer:

And some concept art of the two heroes:

3. origamihero-games

origamihero-games

Made a new trailer and more concept art!
    The Steam Page is online now, as well: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1544530/Starlight_Alliance/

Currently working on making small optional quests for the game. They usually give you stats upgrade items for completing them, so doing these side quests pays off.

4. origamihero-games

origamihero-games

More concept art! I really like drawing these black & white pictures.