Search Unity

Feedback [WIP] Ariadna's Bane - RTS / RTT / RPG in Sci-Fi environment

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by KrzysztofBidzinski, Feb 3, 2019.

1. KrzysztofBidzinski

KrzysztofBidzinski

[EDIT 25.11.2020] Disclaimer: This project has been seriously rebuilt. Much of the previous information is out of date, so I decided to present the current state. All screenshots, videos and other resources represents early development stage of the game.

ABOUT THIS PROJECT
    I started this project in early 2019 as a low-fantasy roquelike. Today I am in space. And I fight with mechs. Well, everything changes... besides the war... war never changes.
    Anyway, I'll post the updates below. Feel free to comment or suggestions. Please see my Twitter and Stem page as well. Many thanks in advance.

THE PLOT
    In the distant future, humanity will colonize nearby solar systems. The fight for new worlds will be fought between dozens of military-mining corporations. However, human life will be too expensive, to risk it. On the front line the corporations uses mechs and artificial intelligence. You are one of the commanders of the small mining company responsible for obtaining new resources.

THE MECHANICS
    The game is Real Time Strategy / Real Time Tactics hybrid, where RPG elements occurs. Main action take a place on planet's surface, where Player and NPC factions fights, trade and make covenants with use of rich technology tree.

see more on ->
    https://twitter.com/AriadnaBane

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    RavenOfCode likes this.
  2. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

I love the idea and I think you're making great progress. I especially like the procedural generation, it looks great!

The only thing that really struck out to me as needing improvement was the combat. There isn't any juice or feel to the fighting. The players do animations but don't react to them and the feedback to the player is pretty weak.

KrzysztofBidzinski likes this.
  3. ClaudiaTheDev

ClaudiaTheDev

I like the sci-fi theme a lot of more. There are many medi-evil fantasy themed games so that is kinda impossible to stick out, even if you made a solid game.

It also impressed me a lot that you were so brave and changed the theme - Not everybody would do that!

The look and feel really is better know. Especially the dark of the environment lighted by your flashlight. It is even a little bit creepy and scary (Who knows what is behind the next corner)!

KrzysztofBidzinski likes this.
  4. KrzysztofBidzinski

KrzysztofBidzinski

Latest Sneak Peek with sort-of-a-gameplay:

Cinematic trailer WIP:

Some screenshots:

5. KrzysztofBidzinski

KrzysztofBidzinski

Implementing procedural terrain generator. Still WIP, but testing with rigidbody spaceship is really fun :)