Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. On February 28th the Feedback website will shut down and be redirected to the Unity forums. See the full post for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Games [WIP] Ariadna's Bane - Roguelike dungeon crawler -PreAlpha Downloadable Demo

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by bzdur, Feb 3, 2019.

1. bzdur

bzdur

Link for playable pre-alpha demo
    bit.ly/ariadnasbane_prealpha_demo

(press [Esc] in-game for quick help)

Original post starts here:
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone.
    I want to present you a sketch of my new little project. Basically it's an old idea in a new edition. Roguelikes, is something what I loves since Amiga 500 era.

The main goal is to achieve fine effect of different gameplay each time the game starts.

For this moment I did dungeon generator based on random rooms spawn and perfect maze. Our character can go down, through dungeon levels endlessly.

Step two will be enemies generator, where stats, abilities are procedurally generated based on the same seed as dungeon is.

Step three: items, spells... and more.

Everything should be different each time, thats the plan.

Ofc, it will be hardcore play, dark-low-fantasy preset with perma death.

Well, thats all for now, if you like (or don't) this idea, please feel free to share your opinion.
    Cheers!

P.S.
    see more on ->
    https://ariadnasbane.wordpress.com
    https://fb.me/ariadnasbane

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    RavenOfCode likes this.
  2. bzdur

bzdur

Updated code 04.02.2019

I decided get rid of dead-ends (think, I'll keep some dead-ends, just do some probability ratio or smth ). Now the example of level map looks like this:

Also, noticed something interesting. Sometimes algorithm generates one cell dead-end behind rooms doors, it was ofc unintentional. But it could be easily adapted in "secret mini room" with case, treasure ect.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  3. bzdur

bzdur

Finally achieve some decent Fog Of War/ Map Exposure effect. The script need some improvement ( especially on performance side ), but it looks very promising.

Keep eye on minimap.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  4. bzdur

bzdur

Testing fight camera mode, fight collisions & animations.

5. bzdur

bzdur

Update 15.02.2019

It's been a busy three weeks, down here in the dungeon...

I started 25th Jan 2019, with only some one idea of 3D roguelike. Then I went through dungeon generation, some basics animations, really simple AI and character controllers. Everything from scratch (beside character models).

And now, after 3 weeks here is a link for playable demo of first 5 levels.

bit.ly/ariadnasbane_prealpha_demo

(press [Esc] in-game for quick help)

Of course this is raw core of the game ( well said), controls are clunky, and zombies are stupid... but I will love to hear any feedback. Please download, unpack and try it. Thanks in advance.

More info:

https://ariadnasbane.wordpress.com

https://fb.me/ariadnasbane

6. bzdur

bzdur

Stupid zombies...