Search Unity

Graphics [WIP] AQUAS 2.0

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by dogmachris, Oct 2, 2017.

1. dogmachris

dogmachris

Well the collider that detects "water" is required, that's the way AQUAS is built, but there may be an easy fix for this. Check if the objet that has the collider on it has a rigid body component on it also - if it does, set the rigid body to kinematic and see if that helps.

Mark_01 likes this.
  2. Aress28

Aress28

fixed it just by putting my camera in Camera layer and make collision only by Water layer...

dogmachris likes this.
  3. creat327

creat327

What suggestions would you make for mobile? I'm testing the high performance lake and on my phone is runs super slow. I see 2 materials on the lake, can i remove one? or what would make it faster and still look decent?

4. dogmachris

dogmachris

The biggest impact is probably caused by realtime reflections. Turn those off and see how much that helps.

5. ms502040

ms502040

Hey, i have a problem. No fog visible underwater in defered rendering, only in legacy defered and forward when using AQUAS_UnderWaterEffect_Simple

6. Tom163

Tom163

Is there a proper Aquas 2020 topic or other place to ask questions now that it's released?

I'm using Aquas 2020 and some of it has a good performance cost. So I'd like to tie it in with my game's quality settings. Is there a shortlist of things that can be turned on/off in code and which of them have the highest performance impact, or is it better to have multiple waterplanes and enable one depending on the quality settings? What's the best/recomended way to deal with quality settings and Aquas 2020?

7. GenericJoe

GenericJoe

Hello, I purchased "AQUAS - Built-In Render Pipeline" last week, and it looks really good so far.

(BTW I filled in the "AQUAS 2020 Contact" contact form weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything back. Is this contact still monitored?)

I am creating procedural terrain and water tiles, and I was hoping that AQUAS tiles would just work side-by-side, but I am seeing a skirt in shallow parts:

water.PNG

Do you have any tips for me to try resolve this so we can have seamless tiling water segments?

8. dogmachris

dogmachris

Aquas wouldn't have to be used as tiles, since it uses world space UVs. You can just simply make the waterplane really big and tie its horizontal position to that of your camera.
    Wouldn't that work for you?

9. GenericJoe

GenericJoe

Hey Dogmachris, thanks for the reply.

Yes I could use one very large plane for the water, rather than multiple tiles, that wold almost be fine. However, my use case is a very large world, hence why I use procedural tiling terrains. As with most games of this type, due to the increasing size of the game world and to avoid floating point errors, I use the origin shift technique i.e. I periodically shift my parent objects back closer to zero.
    My one large water plane could always be stationary at 0,0,0 but when I shift everything (including the camera), you can see the water change because the camera has moved and is affecting the Aquas WorldUV's.

I understand that this scenario may be out of scope of Aquas, but for reference I use another Unity Assest store asset called MicroSplat to generate the materials for my dynamic terrains. MicroSplat supports origin shifting for large world support. You can enable this in the advanced section of the shader generation section, and once enabled, you need to set the global matrix in your origin shifting code like this Shader.SetGlobalMatrix(“_GlobalOriginMTX”, mtx);
    This works well, and is perhaps a feature Aquas could consider in future versions?