Search Unity

Games [WiP] A Opensource, Fully C#, Moddable Mobile MMORPG

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Zirokden, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Zirokden

Zirokden

Hello :)

A little about myself at first.

My name is Gabriel, ive been a comercial full-stack software engineer for years, but now i work in the VG industry for some time but im always having some personal side-projects, and this time is a cool opensourced mobile mmorpg. This is, in fact, a biggie.

The idea behind this is the server to be opensource while not the client, and people might freely mod the server, or add plugins to it.

I work mainly on game servers rather then the client, but i have some knowledge on Unity (the game im working on professionaly is Unity client as well.)

For this, the server is being written in .net CORE, while the client in Unity, having a shared common library between them.

All code has been written from scratch, no external libraries used.
    My goal is to be as simplistic as possible, and objective as possible.
    The simpler the code, the less knowledge needed for people to participate.

What do i have so far:
    -> Networking level completed, TCP based on Packets
    -> Server-side infinite chunk based map loading from TILED map editor.
    -> Layered player sprite (head/body/legs)
    -> Monsters spawn regions, monster spawning, monster simple movement (random walk)
    -> Server Sided Asset Loading (client can start with 0 assets)
    -> Simple Authentication / Authorization

Im about to enter combat now, making the monsters attackable etc.

The gameplay is designed to be simillar to Ragnarok/Tibia (click&go, tile based)

Project Source: (the client is available as opensource so far)
    https://github.com/Ziden/MobileMMORPG/

Its pretty easy to run the project, so if you want to try it out, give it a go at the readme. You possibly will just need to download Redis Database and, if you dont have, .NET Core SDK.

Im looking for people with interest to learn, obtain mastery and eventually obtain a financial return to help to build up the project.
    The business model can be detailed to anyone whos interested (PM Me). Some roadmaps for the game are in the github readme file.

Thank you all :D

HeadClot88 likes this.
  2. felipemuniznet

felipemuniznet

Nice man o/