Search Unity

[WIP] [2d Platformer] "Knaf"

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Dorene, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Dorene

Dorene

Hello there! I'm an independent developer that has been working on this project for a few months now and I'd like to show my progress to the unity community [:

The game's name right now is simply "Knaf", ode to the main character's name. The story stands as the brotherhood of Null, a cult dedicated to the destruction of reality itself, is trying to summon the beast "Betwixt the Black". It's up to our hero knaf, to stop them and for this purpose he has recieved the "Gauntlets of Tyriel" which 7 of the 8 gems powering it have been stolen. He's gotta go get those back, quickly.

I've used the framework of the 2d platformer to help make this game come alive. Most of the sprites used are created fully out of my own, and the others are quickly being replaced with such. Currently I have finished as follows:

Movement
    Combat
    Basic AI
    Tutorial Level+first level
    Some background sprites.
    $newnew.png
    $5KCx1en.png

I'll try to update this thread as much as I can, but for any updates as soon as they come out visit my site at http://xynatic.com!
    thanks for your support. Cheers
    -Dorene.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  2. indiegamemodels

indiegamemodels

Hello,

I really like the retro feel of it, however I think 2 things needs a bit of attention:

-The character is too small (and maybe a bit far from camera too, but I think it depends on the speed of your character!)

-The background wall BG is too busy/not very appealing, making the action hard to read.

Keep it up, and I am eager to see new updates!

3. Dorene

Dorene

Thanks! Yeah, I agree about the background, it's still early development though so I have time to improve [:

4. Dorene

Dorene

buump!