Search Unity

Windshield Wiper

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ADRIANO3D, Apr 14, 2016.

1. ADRIANO3D

ADRIANO3D

Sistema de Limpeza.
    Para-brisa novo Sistema Pará Unity3D (Português. Brasil).

Cleaning System.
    Windshield new Unity 3D system.

Set textures before applying the material glass, because the drops will follow the directions of the textures in your object.

Unity Pro PC

test here, get 90 fps with a gtx 550 ti

www.googledrive.com/host/0B84GnBvZJ8w-a2dWbklrR3g5Qk0/web.html
    Ativos E Asset Store
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/60769

PC
    Windshield System

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84GnBvZJ8w-X0VrTk10MnREbVk/view?usp=sharing

Windshied System Dense Mud
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84GnBvZJ8w-enlFdU9BdnNHNmc/view?usp=sharing

Windshied System Dense Mud
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84GnBvZJ8w-d0dlTmx0RzlrUG8/view?usp=sharing

Samples for android phone.
    remembering that for a run with more performance should decrease the number of raindrops when creating your game.

Android

Windshield System.apk
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84GnBvZJ8w-WlVGVGNlR3NqR28/view?usp=sharing

Windshield System Dense Mud.apk
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84GnBvZJ8w-VGdTVXl2YkFZcG8/view?usp=sharing

Windshield System Mud.apk
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84GnBvZJ8w-c1htem9KVG9CNGM/view?usp=sharing

Drops System Windows.apk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84GnBvZJ8w-bnltRFdhWmFwVkE/view?usp=sharing

NOTE:

I tested it on an LG tablet v400 android 5.0.2 and it worked very well despite the rain of particles this aplenty.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    JamesArndt likes this.
  2. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Looks cool, is there a chance of a webgl demo as the in the video it looks very laggy, bit worried if it will work well on top of a full game, do you have timings for its performance?

3. ADRIANO3D

ADRIANO3D

this laggy actually what caused was my video recording program. Consuming fps of my system is very low, I was surprised to see that the blurry video. I'm finishing to make the documentation in pdf (I used google translator)

4. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

It would then be very handy to check out a web version or standalone demo and to have maybe a screen grab of the profiler showing how much CPU the effect uses.

5. ADRIANO3D

ADRIANO3D

www.googledrive.com/host/0B84GnBvZJ8w-a2dWbklrR3g5Qk0/web.html
    good, cpu consumption is the minimum, make your tests in the web player, but I advance you, put that rain in 30 windows in 3D Editor and kept getting 60fps (I used the google translator)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  6. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

$250 are you serious? For such an effect I was expecting a $10 price, I really don't think anyone is going to drop $250 for this system when the water drops aren't effected by the wipers for half the wipe motion, I think you need to reconsider your pricing.

7. ADRIANO3D

ADRIANO3D

yes, but we by what we see around.
    noticed that most of the games we see out there the windshield wiper is only blurring textures, noticed that famous simulators games around the world, like that truck that despite having a beautiful windshield wiper shader is just blurring images.
    Now take the games made in Unity3D, how many games you've seen with this system?
    then we see that did not stop the system, but by a tutorial that will give you endless possibilities.
    I read the text of a creator of the famous last game that created physical windshield wiper:

"Not all there is physical, we have a combination of materials and animations." (I used google translator)

8. carking1996

carking1996

I unfortunately don't think this is worth the $250 price tag. Maybe $10-15 at most. You're not going to get any sales, maybe just one if you're lucky.

Meceka and zoid25 like this.
  9. ADRIANO3D

ADRIANO3D

Yes but note the possibilities.:
    you could waste time making the system or hire someone to do what would come out more expensive.
    as said above, this project is a tutorial where you have a method of how to do, and you learn how it was done. It serves to note that numerous possibilities such as:

- Clean windshields.
    - Dirty vehicle being washed.
    - Drops on windows.
    - Wet Objects with drops.

(I used google translator)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  10. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

I actually think its quite insulting to other asset store developers, you can get complete car physics systems for a fraction of the price, or other super advanced systems that can help with all sorts of aspects of a game again for a fraction of the cost of this and from the video and demo it does not even look that convincing as a simulation of water drops, they dont interact correctly with the blades or flow nicely or look like water drops. A much better system would be a texture based one in my opinion, anyway no chance I or I suspect anyone else will buy this it is just not good enough, I am amazed that Unity let it through at this price.

11. ADRIANO3D

ADRIANO3D

Sometimes I wonder if we have developers here or amateurs.
    all games professionals know that behind a great game there is a large theater with structures and triggers that will generate an action.
    if you can open a complex game and watch your scenario will perceive objects and small hidden systems, and the triggers that will make the game more realistic.

one complex physics using windshield consists of high consumption, and drops of water based only on shader is not as realistic as the most important is that the animations fit.

I am studying the behavior of droplets and very soon I will update the product leaving the collision of drops much more realistic.

as the approval of Unity3D the value of the product, the unity of freedom to the artist to choose the value and if I put this value is because I know its potential.
    since not ultiliza dll, compelxos scripts and even external tools.

12. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

But the question still remains why do you see your basic effect being worth $250 when there are so many systems on the asset store that would be of much greater use to anyone making a car game that cost vastly less, you can get complete car systems with multiple effects for tire marks, exhaust, other particle systems for a fraction of the price, you are free to set whatever price you like but take from this 'amateur' you will sell precisely 0 at that price, you will need to greatly improve the quality and features, have a proper website, a proper demo, proper tutorial videos and documentation in English as well to be taken seriously at the price you have set.

13. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Let the market decide.

xVergilx, Meceka and ADRIANO3D like this.
  14. ADRIANO3D

ADRIANO3D

my documentation has only 5 pages in just two scripts with a shader and animations, very simple but well prepared.
    and when in doubt just ask me by email if you do not understand the English translator google I do a technical drawing with all the information.

15. zoid25

zoid25

Hey, I noticed this thread and asset after looking around to see if anything like this existed for Unity, purely out of curiosity. I think you're doing a great job with this asset, though I do also think it could do with more work to get it looking more believable, especially if you're trying to target a high price point.

With that said, I think $250 is a bit much for what this asset is. Don't get me wrong, this is the kind of cool feature that will definitely grab the attention and appreciation of players, but the price point doesn't seem very indie-friendly. Notice how lots of the complex, heavily-featured, time-saving, frequently-updated assets on the store are under or around $100 (ProBuilder Advanced, Shader Forge, TextMesh Pro, Playmaker, just to name a random selection), and seem to do very well in terms of sales numbers. Compare that to a $250 cosmetic that exists purely for the 'wow factor' - $250 suddenly seems very steep, considering you can get so much more for the money elsewhere.

I understand that you may be primarily targeting studios with more money to burn, which makes me wonder if you could possibly sell separate professional and independent licenses, where a company that did more than $X in revenue the previous year will have to purchase the pro license. This way you can still target your existing audience, while also soaking up sales from the frugal indies.

Because I think it is worth mentioning, I have absolutely no intention of purchasing this asset, at the current price or a reduced price, as I simply would have no use for it. I'm not trying to convince you to sell it cheaper for my own benefit, I just think you have a potentially great product, and would hate to see the your success blocked by an unreasonable price tag.

Either way, whatever you do, good luck. :)

Meceka likes this.
  16. ADRIANO3D

ADRIANO3D

when I created this little lesson in how to do, I was focusing on a few gaming companies that are there in the market and they are doing update their games. many of these companies still do not have a windshield wiper system and games made in Unity3D are being sold here in Brazil.
    to create this system I used the Unity3D own tools so it is so simple and easy to learn.
    at first I did with animation like most games that are on the market, but after some studies moved to collision. I believe that with the Unity3D updates of this tool will improve a lot and there have more reality.

as the price recognize that it is not cheap, but this value is the sum and quantity doque this project can become here a year or two.

17. AlbertChildren

AlbertChildren

Hi, is there any way to buy this at a reasonable price?, because it's really expensive, I really need this effect, but its price is too high.

Greetings

18. 4sascha

4sascha

Same here. Would be interested too. 25$ from me.

19. mkg2w

mkg2w

We are keen to use this plugin in one of our games, but wanted to confirm a couple of use-cases with you:

(a) does this work on mobile devices (Android and iOS) Is there any minimum requirement ?

(b) assuming the player plays from within the car (dashboard view ; see attachment), can the rain effect be restricted to only the windshields and the left window ?

(c) is it possible to control the speed of the wiper, and therefore control the distortion caused by the rain effect through the windshield ? e.g. with no wiper, the view is distorted with lots of water on the screen. With wiper at a 'high speed', the view is good. With wiper at 'medium speed', the view is slightly distorted.

(d) can we use the plugin without any performance issues, when used along with other assets that give a rain effect in the 3d world? (e.g. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/41286)

Attached are two views from our game where we'd like to attach this wiper . In bonnet-view, the wiper should span across the entire screen and rain drops fall across the screen.
    In dashboard-view, only the windshield would have rain drops falling on it, and the wiper would clear only the rain drops falling on the windshield, not the passenger window.

Attached Files:

20. renski

renski

Hi, any chance for a discount ?

21. 4sascha

4sascha

Hey. Is the System still available?

22. ADRIANO3D

ADRIANO3D

yes, it's being revamped to work with the new configurations of unity3d 2018

23. raqbiel

raqbiel

Hi any news?:)

24. INGTONY

INGTONY

and?????

25. marcrem

marcrem

Lmao 250$

jamblefoot likes this.