Search Unity

WindowsPhone compilation problem

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Jakpok, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Jakpok

Jakpok

Hello, I have a problem with UnityAnalytics. I created a Unity project targeted for WindowsStore with UnityAnalytics implemented but there is an error during the compilation. Console says that "Plugin 'UnityEngine.Cloud.Analytics.Util.dll' is used from several locations:". The reason of it is pretty simple: one copy of this file is in folder Assets/Plugins/Metro and the other one is in the Assets/Plugins/.
    I tried to remove/change platform for this universal DLL from Assets/Plugins/ but then I got error that PlatformWrapper.cs could not find some namespaces. What can I do to fix this issue? (my Unity version is 5.0.1f1).

Regards,
    Jakpok

2. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @Jakpok,

Are you still having this issue? I am currently working on duplicating your issue, but if I could get some more info from you that would be helpful. Which Windows OS is your computer on (8, 8.1, 10) and which are you building for (8, 8.1, 10)? Also which platform are you creating for (phone, desktop, universal)?

Thanks,
    Erika

3. erika_d

erika_d

@Jakpok Can you also tell me how you downloaded and imported the Analytics sdk for your version of Unity?

In my testing I duplicated your issue when I downloaded the sdk from the Assets store, but when I downloaded the sdk on the integration pages of the Analytics dashboard, I was not able to duplicate the issue.

We're looking into why that might be the case, but can you try downloading the version of the sdk from the dashboard and let me know if that fixes your issue? (You should probably remove the current Analytics plugin before adding the new one, which requires deleting all the Analytics related files and folders in the Plugins folder, but PLEASE make sure you don't lose any files that you have written that you may need!)

Image of what comes in the Plugins folder with just Unity Analytics imported (from Asset Store).
    Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 1.48.10 PM.png

Please let me know if that fixes the issue for you!
    Thanks,
    Erika

mpinol likes this.
  4. Jakpok

Jakpok

Hi, I have already fixed this problem but in the other way. I changed name of .dll files from directory /Assets/Plugins/ and set them platform to 'Editor'. Now they are not colliding with files from /Assets/Plugins/Metro because Unity uses Metro files in final compilation process and Universal files in Editor.
    If it can help in future development of UnityAnalytics - I have Windows 8.1 on my computer and I build this project for 8.1 Universal. I downloaded UnityAnalytics version 1.9.5 from AssetsStore.

Thanks for help,
    Jakpok