Search Unity

Windows XR plugin only shows 4 animating balls on a black background

Discussion in 'VR' started by Aaron-Meyers, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Aaron-Meyers

Aaron-Meyers

Ok so I had this problem a couple months ago when I began this project, but then I switched to using the deprecated OpenVR plugin until recently it started spamming the console with "Thread group count is above the maximum allowed limit. Maximum allowed thread group count is 65535", so I switched back and the Windows XR plugin was working fine!

And then out of nowhere I'm back to the 4 animating balls on a black background. They follow the gaze of the headset... must be some kind of WMR loading thing?

The Game view in the editor looks as it should and is tracking the headset properly, but when I look inside the headset its just blackness with those 4 animating balls!

This is with an HP Reverb headset by the way. I tried it with a blank project and it worked normally. What could be causing this in my project?

Update: this doesn't happen in a build... its something Editor-specific.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

That's the WMR equivalent of the busy cursor. You'll want to debug or profile your application to see if you are leaking resources or causing any sort of system performance problem to start with.

3. DriesVrBase

DriesVrBase

Did you find a solution for this? I'm having this problem atm, also in the build