Search Unity

Windows Web Player beta #2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Aras, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

We released the second Windows Web Player beta - now for both Internet Explorer and Firefox (among others)!

Get it here: www.otee.dk/unity_beta/UnityWebPlayer.exe

Changes from the first beta:
    • Reduced installer size from 3.36MB to 2.82MB! And we are still improving it.
    • Added support for Firefox (1.5, 1.0), Netscape (8.1), Opera (5 to 8).
    • When using multiple web player instances on the same page now it runs much smoother because of multithreading. Currently this is disabled on ATI video cards because of driver issues.
    • Fixed possible lockup when switching from fullscreen to windowed mode on some drivers.
    • If you are experiencing problems with the web player, just launch CrashHandlerApp.exe from the install location (default is C:\Program Files\OverTheEdge\Unity\WebPlayer) and let us know.

Both Unity Pro and Unity Indie can publish Web Players for Windows. However games made with Unity Indie will display a small Unity watermark.

Auto updating and automatic installation of the Windows Web Player has been disabled until we release the final. If you find any bugs, please use the bug reporter as soon as possible. Always provide a link to the .unityweb file when reporting a bug.

2. joacoerazo_legacy

joacoerazo_legacy

Great news!

I'll download now and test!

When the final version will be avaible?

3. taumel

taumel

Great work on the filesize guys! :O) I'm curious with what we'll end up in the end!

If i select "About..." i get no information.

*testing*

Regards,

taumel

4. aigam

aigam

testing :D

5. SerKevin

SerKevin

FYI, it seems to be running like a champ on Firefox for Windows. :)

Yah!

6. dingosmoov

dingosmoov

Can you guys post a list of links that we can check?

It's kinda hard searching through the forums for links to check and see if the plugin works properly.

7. socksy

socksy

8. SerKevin

SerKevin

9. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Please submit the bug reports for all problems. Then we'll get the machine configuration info, versions of the files etc.

10. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

This is probably published with Unity 1.2.1 or older - the HTML file does not have <object> tag required for IE plugin. Just updating the HTML should be enough.

11. socksy

socksy

Yes, I know. I updated the HTML for each of them before I got the latest version of Unity, except that one, which I wanted to keep from Internet Explorer users.

12. socksy

socksy

I think that might be a bug in Unity Player in general. I had to restart Safari to see it. Though, it's my favourite one :D

[EDIT] Nope, different thing. Pity, really.
    [EDIT EDIT] I get a red halo like thing fly out before the apparent whiteness. Submitting bug report.

13. marty

marty

At least one of my (remote) beta-buddies is getting a non-rendering, non-gracefully-degrading water prefab on his Windoze box, in IE, using the latest build of the Unity webplayer.

Here's a screengrab.

If you need more data/info/specs, just let me know.

14. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Tell him to run CrashHandlerApp.exe from install location and type in the link to your webplayer. An easy way to get everything we want in such situations

15. marty

marty

Will do!

Thanks.