Search Unity

Windows UPD Test Fail

Discussion in 'Windows' started by flecheria, Nov 28, 2019.

1. flecheria

flecheria

Hi
    It-s the first time that I compile for UWP. I got this error when I run the standard test of UWP:

Supported APIs
    • Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
      • API GetFileVersionInfoA in version.dll is not supported for this application type. UnityPlayer.dll calls this API.
      • API GetFileVersionInfoSizeA in version.dll is not supported for this application type. UnityPlayer.dll calls this API.
    • Impact if not fixed: Using an API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Microsoft Store apps violates the Microsoft Store certification requirements.
    • How to fix: Review the error messages to identify the API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Microsoft Store apps. Please note, apps that are built in a debug configuration or without .NET Native enabled (where applicable) can fail this test as these environments may pull in unsupported APIs. Retest your app in a release configuration, and with .NET Native enabled if applicable. See the link below for more information:
    Any Hints?
    Thanks
    P

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You need to build your game using "Master" configuration in Visual Studio.

3. flecheria

flecheria

Ok thanks. can i deploy my app both with Master and Release?
    Is it only a matter of optimization between the two?
    thx
    P

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Release builds are considered "Development builds" and they contain profiler code, C# debugger code, and they are compiled using less optimization flags than "Master" builds. They also contain a watermark at the lower right corner of your game. You cannot ship your game using "Release" build.

flecheria likes this.
  5. flecheria

flecheria

get it.
    Thanks