Search Unity

Windows Store Rejection due to unused HoloLens API.

Discussion in 'VR' started by soleron, Sep 10, 2018.

1. soleron

soleron

Using the native Mixed Reality package from Unity my app was rejected because somewhere in my app, the use of HoloLens API was declared but not utilized and the declaration of an API without using it is a problem according to their rules. Your app gets rejected due to potential security problem.

There were some instructions on how to fix it, I had to encapsulate something something, sorry can't recall, but I am not a programmer and my app didn't need a programmer but only for that, so I ended up not publishing on Windows Store and I am temporarily using MR through Steam now. Perhaps I did something wrong, perhaps I didn't. But it sounds to me the issue is there because both devices are supported from the same package.

This is a problem that needs to be fixed. Most of us do not want to use HoloLens in the first place, these are exclusive devices not meant for consumers, and I do not think that many have been sold. So perhaps somehow provide that option to not include the HL API while installing the WMR package?

Thank you.

2. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Hey Soleron, can I get a little more information about your project and editor version? It would help a lot if you can get that error message it provided during the store submission. I have a potential hunch it is something we are working on fixing already and the fix should land soon, but with some additional info maybe I can draw the connection.

Cheers