Search Unity

Windows Store app Analytic no data

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by den3d, Jun 19, 2015.

1. den3d

den3d

Hi,
    I validated my integration and everything seems fine, but when I run on device no data appear in METRIC MONITOR always zero.
    Also my app published with about 3k downloads and still zero data in Unity Analytics 5.1.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  2. angeloferro

angeloferro

Hi @den3d ,

Could you please PM me your project ID and name we'll look into this further?

Thanks!
    -Angelo

3. den3d

den3d

4. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Analytics returns NotInitialized result when I try to send events from Windows Phone 8.1
    Unity 5.1.2

5. sschan

sschan

Hi @ToBeGlad - Please check your player settings to see if "Disable Analytics" checkbox was enabled? If there is a check, please uncheck the box and try again. We had a couple folks experience the same issue from this thread -http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/upgrade-instructions-from-4-x-5-0-5-1.327433/

6. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

@sschan , thanks for a reply!
    I do not have Unity Pro license so I cant control that option and it is disabled.

7. angeloferro

angeloferro

Hey @ToBeGlad - could you please submit a support request here?

Please include the following information:
    [1] Version of Unity
    [2] Specific test device you are trying to send events from

Thank you! :)

8. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

For anyone who have the same issue (NotInitialized on Windows phone): I have contacted with support team and they confirmed that there is a problem on unity side.

9. Indie Viking

Indie Viking

Any progress on this issue? I'm still getting NotInitialized on Windows Phone 8.1.

10. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

@Indie Viking
    They fixed the issue since analytics sdk version 1.9.4.
    But the fix is not included yet to build-in analytics and you should use it as downloaded package.
    But "packaged" version works only in unity version prior to 5.2. You can download it in "Integration" section on analytics site.

11. Indie Viking

Indie Viking

Thank you for this information. I am using the integrated analytics in 5.2.1p3, and I assumed this was the latest version of Analytics SDK. So it looks like I either have to wait some more for a fix, or downgrade to 5.1.

12. mpinol

mpinol

13. Indie Viking

Indie Viking

I found a solution to my problem. After I upgraded from 5.2.1 to 5.2.1p3, unity was still using and old version of analytics when building over an old build folder. But when I build to a clean folder, analytics is working correctly.

mpinol likes this.
  14. Sievlar

Sievlar

I am still having issues with no data showing from Windows Store or Windows Phone. I am using Unity 5.2.1p4.
    I opened this ticket last month: 730702_40jj20va26ri8jo0

15. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

@Sievlar
    Do you get no data or you get NotInitialized result? This is different issues.

16. Sievlar

Sievlar

I was not trying to send any events, just want to see the basic AppStart, DeviceInfo, etc. However I see nothing on the web portal event monitor. I do see events for Android and Editor. Has been like this for months.

Do you see any data on the web portal?

17. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

@Sievlar
    I do see the data but not with integrated analytics. I am on unity 5.1.4 with "packaged" version of analytics.
    Try to send some custom event and check what result analytics returns. Probably you get a NotInitialized result.

18. Sievlar

Sievlar

Turns out my problem was I did not have "Development Build" enabled for my project. After setting that I could see the data show up right away in the online validator. With it disabled the data does show up on the dashboard, but only many hours later, which is why I thought it was not working. Bottom line, it seems to be working fine now with 5.2.1p4.