Search Unity

Windows Standalone il2cpp player grey screen & Live Link Error

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by drhodor, Apr 18, 2020.

1. drhodor

drhodor

When I build my incredibly simple one-cube-entity-in-a-subscene project with the il2cpp scripting backend set in my buildconfigurations all I get is a grey screen. When I toggle develop mode I get an error that says essentially "Could not open file C:/Users/<path to build>/StreamingAssets\livelink-bootstrap for read"

My wild guess is that's because the path separator after "StreamingAssets" is wrong. I've disabled live link from all of the scenes in the build and yet I still get this issue.

Screenshots of my asmdef, Build Configurations, and the error while running in devlop mode.

Screenshot (521).png
    Screenshot (522).png Screenshot (520).png Screenshot (523).png

2. castor76

castor76

I get the same error as well.

3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

You only see that thing on development builds which can explain why it's gone unnoticed so far.

And yes, I'm getting it too.

4. castor76

castor76

Anyone from Unity about this? This happens for the Unity 2019.3.11f1 as well.

5. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

Ignore this error, it will be fixed soon (Except android), anyway this error not affect any thing.

6. castor76

castor76

Right. Just curious why you think the issue will be fixed soon? Do you work at Unity? Or know any insight that we don't?

7. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

I spoke about that error with Sebastian Schoner (can't find his login on forum :D ) from Unity.

"It's complicated and is fixed for the next version. The short story is that this code is executed to check whether a specific file exists. In this case, the file doesn't exist and that logs an error, unfortunately. We've changed how this works for the next release already. So the error itself isn't something to worry about. It will only show up on Android where we don't have a better solution yet, unfortunately"

drhodor likes this.
  8. castor76

castor76

Still not fixed for 2019.3.12f1

9. castor76

castor76

Still not fixed for 2019.3.13f1

10. Nothke

Nothke

I'm having this error. I think... Because only SOME users have crashes. And not exactly sure why.. Part of the log:

Code (csharp):
    1. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/FinalPass' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    2. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/FinalPass' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    3. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/Uber' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    4. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/Uber' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    5. UnloadTime: 0.731200 ms
    6. Could not open file D:/Games/tower/Tower_Data/StreamingAssets\livelink-bootstrap for read
    7. (Filename:  Line: 56)
    9. Crash!!!
    As you can see they also have the "Shader Unsupported", so not sure if this is the problem with the shader or livelink-bootstrap. On my machine and most of the people it works good.

I assume that "shader unsupported" should not just outright crash Unity.

This was with 2019.3, and not with latest versions of all packages, so not sure if it'll fix itself once I publish the update, beacuse I'll need to wait for users to test

11. drhodor

drhodor

Please see above for a discussion of the file issue (it's not the shaders). Notice that the path separator is wrong. Also, this is more than just an error message. The build is nor running. So this needs to be addressed.