Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Player Unable to load runtime data.

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by adsamcik, Jul 12, 2018.

1. adsamcik

adsamcik

I have run into an issue where the asset system fails to load runtime data. Everything works fine in the editor, but when I try to create standalone build it fails to load. StreamingAssets seems to be there with some files. Any idea what could be causing this?

EDIT://
    After more testing I found that after build it breaks even editor. When in build it didnt work and I noticed it didn't work in editor either, I reattached the assets and after that it just returns null. I double checked and in the Addressable Assets editor window the references seem to be ok, so I am trully clueless to what might be causing this.

Exception thrown in DynamicInvoke: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: Unable to load runtime data.
    at UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InitializationOperation.OnDataLoaded (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.IAsyncOperation`1[T] op) [0x000a2] in \packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.addressables@0.1.2-pareview\Runtime\InitializationOperation.cs:43
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00032] in <862932ae85bb4091ba21600446565e23>:0
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x0004b] in <862932ae85bb4091ba21600446565e23>:0
    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <862932ae85bb4091ba21600446565e23>:0
    at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) [0x000e7] in <862932ae85bb4091ba21600446565e23>:0
    at System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) [0x00008] in <862932ae85bb4091ba21600446565e23>:0
    at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <862932ae85bb4091ba21600446565e23>:0
    at UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.DelayedActionManager+DelegateInfo.Invoke () [0x0000e] in \packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.resourcemanager@2.1.0-preview\Runtime\Util\DelayedActionManager.cs:45 0 (target=UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InitializationOperation result = False, status = None, Valid = True, canRelease = False) InitializationOperation.OnDataLoaded(UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.RawDataProvider+InternalOp`1[UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceManagerRuntimeData] result = , status = Failed, Valid = True, canRelease = False) @0
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
    UnityEngine.Logger:LogFormat(LogType, String, Object[])
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogErrorFormat(String, Object[])
    UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.DelegateInfo:Invoke() (at \packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.resourcemanager@2.1.0-preview\Runtime\Util\DelayedActionManager.cs:49)
    UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.DelayedActionManager:LateUpdate() (at \packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.resourcemanager@2.1.0-preview\Runtime\Util\DelayedActionManager.cs:157)
    (Filename: /packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.resourcemanager@2.1.0-preview/Runtime/Util/DelayedActionManager.cs Line: 49)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  2. PaulBurslem

PaulBurslem

Unity Technologies

Make sure that "Clear on Play" is disabled in the console window and try running in the editor in Packed mode - If you are getting an exception about duplicate keys in a dictionary during the build, we have a fix on the way in the next release (ETA later today or early next week)

3. adsamcik

adsamcik

I think this is completely different problem. I ran into the duplicate key thing a few times in editor, but just stopping and starting the play mode again fixes it. This is something that happens with the build. Once I build the project it breaks the Addressables. Most of the time both in the build and in editor. Last time it broke them just in the editor, so before the build in play mode everything was working and after the build play mode failed to load the assets (no errors). (The build looks fine).

It is quite difficult to test anything at this point, because the ui is quite buggy (I run into exceptions quite often with it) too. I'll update this once the new update hits.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018 at 10:52 AM
  4. asd234w4r5

asd234w4r5

@PaulBurslem How is the fix going? I'd love to build a working version :D
    Same issue @adsamcik is in. On my side, it is iOS which tells me, it can't load runtime data and inside Unity, I get this:
    Unable to load remote catalog hash: . UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent()

5. asd234w4r5

asd234w4r5

Hope, we get an update on this soon. Just reverted back to standard prefab using, as this is not a release build now. I'd suggest the same for you, but maybe Paul will tell us in a few hours "Hey, here is the fix, go for it" ;)