Search Unity

"..Windows Phone SDK 8.0 requires 64-bit Windows 8 Pro or higher.."

Discussion in 'Windows' started by shaderbytes, Apr 27, 2014.

1. shaderbytes

shaderbytes

2. shaderop

shaderop

Sorry for the trouble you're having, but I think that has been a requirement for a while now. I guess it doesn't get much attention because it is assumed (rightly or wrongly) that most devs are on 64-bit OSs already.

I don't know if there's anything that can be done to cross-grade your license to 64-bit, but unless you're running on a netbook or one of the lower end tablets with an Atom processor, your hardware should be able to handle Windows 64-bit just fine. Of course there's still that whole re-install everything from scratch business.

When are you planning your next rig upgrade? :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  3. shaderbytes

shaderbytes

Yeah , I googled it and my pc is 64bit compatible even though its 4 years old now.

Will have to do a clean install yes, my friend has a disc with an ISO , I was given a key which is 32/64 bit inclusive as part of the Unity windows game porting program. Im sure I can just enter this key again when installing from scratch .. i hope so ;)

ps.. next rig upgrade is budget pending stuck in limbo for the moment

4. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Just found this out the hard way. I'm wondering what the reasoning was for 64 bit only for Windows Phone dev not requiring any emulators?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014