Search Unity

Windows Phone File.Exists always returns false.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sysameca, Jan 22, 2016.

1. sysameca

sysameca

I am using UnityEngine.Windows in order to read and write files to a windows mobile device, however i am struggling to make File.Exist() work. Here is what I am doing:
    1. If the file exists - i use File.ReadAllBytes("Gamedata.dat") to read all bytes from it
    2. If the file does not exist - i use File.WriteAllBytes("Gamedata.dat") to create a new file

However File.Exist("Gamedata.dat") always evaluates to false when i run it on a ARM device or emulator. What am I missing here?

2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Add path to file name. Application.persistentDataPath should be good for that.

3. sysameca

sysameca

Great, it works with Application.persistentDataPath on the actual mobile device (Windows Phone 8.1). But it does not work on a Mobile Emulator - Universal Windows 10. Can I assume it should work properly there? I don't have any physical device to test this unfortunately..

4. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

It should work on physical device. Do you have a physical machine with Windows 10? You could try there on a desktop.

5. sysameca

sysameca

Yes just tried it and it works on desktop. I will assume that it works for each device that uses Windows 10 platform. Thank you for your time.