Search Unity

[Windows phone] Applying different quality setting causes an error

Discussion in 'Windows' started by AnonDreamer, Nov 24, 2015.

1. AnonDreamer

AnonDreamer

Hi there o/

I'm trying to port on app to windows phone 8.1 and i have a weird issue. I have 3 different quality settings, one with "half res" texture quality and the 2 others with "full res" texture quality. (and some others params)

When i try changing the quality using QualitySettings.SetQualityLevel, i get several following errors:
    "Trying to reload asset from disk that is not stored on disk"

But it occurs only when switching between quality settings which have different texture quality.
    I've tried to set all 3 settings Texture quality to "full res", and the error doesn't occurs.

I don't have this issue on android or ios, is it an issue on windows phone only ? Any idea how to fix this ?

Thank you for reading :)

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi,

that's weird. Are there any additional "side effects" from the error message? Are you using asset bundles? Are you targeting Windows Phone 8.0 or 8.1?

3. AnonDreamer

AnonDreamer

No there are no noticeable side effects, only the error message that pops out. The device i tested the build on was on windows 8.1 and i don't use any asset bundles.

Hmm, and the textures quality changed too even with the error message displayed.

Maybe the issue occurs on a few assets only, is there a way to display which asset is it ?

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately I don't think there is. The easiest way would be to bisect the scene until you find the culprit.

Also, could you fill a bug report on that?

5. AnonDreamer

AnonDreamer

Okay, sure i've sent one ^^.

6. andyblem

andyblem

Yep I had the same problem but I got around it by selecting the same texture quality for all your different Quality Levels.

7. Svpam111

Svpam111

I got the same problem, anytime I press home / search button on wp. And I dont use any special. Does this affect the game?