Search Unity

Windows Phone 8 - Still no networking?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by CazicThule, Aug 9, 2013.

1. CazicThule

CazicThule

I'm trying to build my project for WP8, but I'm getting compilation errors regarding Unity Networking

"The type or namespace name 'NetworkViewID" could not be found..." "The type or namespace name 'Network" could not be found..."

I know that Network was not supported during beta, has Unity really shipped 4.2 without this feature?

2. DonPepe

DonPepe

3. yoonitee

yoonitee

I would also like to add that I would very much like to see Networking available for Windows Store and Windows Phone apps.

I have a multiplayer game in the making and can't yet publish to Windows Store because it uses Network classes.

It says Networking is not available for Windows Store Apps "yet" so I hope that means it will be available sometime in the future.

Until then it means I might have to rewrite a lot of my app to make it single player for Windows 8 which is a shame as I was hoping that Windows 8 would be my primary market.

So I would ask please Unity can we have Networking supported in Unity 4.4? That would be amazing thanks. :)

Plus multiplayer games will make Unity more popular so it's win-win for everyone!

4. simplysimm

simplysimm

5. Tracy-Ma

Tracy-Ma

6. Brent_Farris

Brent_Farris