Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Phone 8.1 - WACK error

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by grosssmutttr, Nov 21, 2014.

1. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

Hi there,

when I'm building the app I get this error through the WACK:
    API=System.Reflection.MemberTypes. Modul=MSCORLIB, PUBLICKEYTOKEN=B77A5C561934E089. Datei=Boo.Lang.dll

I saw another thread with this discussion and it is mentioned that this was fixed since Unity 4.3.3...

Any ideas?

Specs:
    Unity 5 b13
    Windows 8.1 pro
    Visual studio 13

Log:
    "Template.exe" (CoreCLR: .): "C:\Data\SharedData\PhoneTools\AppxLayouts\36774Name.NameVS.Master_x86.Dominik\UnityEngineProxy.DLL" loaded. PDB-file can't be found and wasn't loaded
    "Template.exe" (CoreCLR: .): "C:\Data\SharedData\PhoneTools\AppxLayouts\36774Name.NameVS.Master_x86.Dominik\Boo.Lang.DLL" loaded. The module was created without symbols.
    "Template.exe" (CoreCLR: .): "C:\Data\SharedData\PhoneTools\AppxLayouts\36774Name.NameVS.Master_x86.Dominik\UnityScript.Lang.DLL" loaded. The module was created without symbols.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  2. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

No one an idea?

3. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\WindowsXaml\v12.0\8.1\Microsoft.Windows.UI.Xaml.Common.targets(327,9): Interner XAML-Fehler error WMC9999: Der Typ System.Windows.Controls.UserControl not found in module System.Windows.dll [C:\Firma\Unity3D\HelpTheZombies_Windows\NOTUSE\Build2\AppName\Help the Zombies.csproj]

4. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

I found out that the dll files in the plugins/WP8 folder are not included in the build for Windows Phone 8.1...why?

I'm using Unity 5 b14

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You'll have to use the plugin importer settings. Click on individual plugins and select the platform you want it to be included for. This is a new workflow in 5.0 for plugins - the folder names no longer mean much.

As for wack failure, could we have a bug report? Was it solved in b14?

6. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

Where can I find the plugin importer settings?

If I click import package > custom package > choose the AdmobWindowsPhone Plugin

The plugin is imported but there are many errors remaining...
    I already send the project...

7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Click on each DLL in project view. You'll then see plugin importer open automatically.

8. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

Every .dll has the WP8Player selected, CPU "Any CPU" and Type "Managed".

9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

That might be the problem: Windows Phone 8.1 is WSAPlayer - remember, you build for it by using "Windows Store" platform.

10. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

I deleted the plugins and imported them again. After that I changed the platforms to WSAPlayer.
    Now I'm getting this error:

Plugin path can't be empty, meta data path library/metadata/00/00000000000000000000000000000000.
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:projectWindowDrag(HierarchyProperty, Boolean)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

And this:
    Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:
    Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespace (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.GlobalRootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.LoadReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Compile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

And this:
    ArgumentException: The Assembly Microsoft.Phone is referenced by GoogleAds ('Assets/Plugins/WP8/GoogleAds.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:150)
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:188)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

11. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Maybe you haven't tweaked the settings of Assets/Plugins/WP8/GoogleAds.dll ? It seems Editor is trying to use it.

Also, I maybe wrong, but you cannot use WP8 plugins for WP8.1 platform, you have to get GoogleAds.dll which is for Windows Phone 8.1

12. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Tomas is correct: your plugin has to be compatible with Windows Phone 8.1. Microsoft.Phone namespace (and Assembly) is not allowed.

13. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

I changed platform to Windows Phone 8.

Now when I build I only get this error:
    Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespace (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.GlobalRootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

14. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

This is also shown now:

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    PostProcessWP8Player:RewriteReferencesForAssembly(String, String, String, String, String, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WP8Player/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessWP8Player.cs:423)
    PostProcessWP8Player:MakeManagedAssembliesWp8Compatible(String, String, LibraryCollection) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WP8Player/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessWP8Player.cs:384)
    PostProcessWP8Player:postProcess(BuildTarget, BuildOptions, String, String, String, String, String, Guid) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WP8Player/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessWP8Player.cs:212)

15. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

After changing the plattform in the Unity importer settings to any plattform I only get this error:

Reference Rewriter: Error: method `System.Net.WebResponse System.Net.WebRequest::GetResponse()` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from P31RestKit.dll at Prime31.OAuthResponse Prime31.OAuthManager::acquireRequestToken(System.String,System.String).

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    PostProcessWP8Player:RewriteReferencesForAssembly(String, String, String, String, String, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WP8Player/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessWP8Player.cs:423)
    PostProcessWP8Player:MakeManagedAssembliesWp8Compatible(String, String, LibraryCollection) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WP8Player/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessWP8Player.cs:384)
    PostProcessWP8Player:postProcess(BuildTarget, BuildOptions, String, String, String, String, String, Guid) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WP8Player/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessWP8Player.cs:212)

I must use "any plattform" in the importer settings because otherwise the error appears that the compiler can't access "using Prime31"....

16. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

You must get P31RestKit.dll compatible with Windows Phone platform, the one you have uses forbidden API System.Net.WebResponse System.Net.WebRequest::GetResponse

17. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

When I use the one that is recommended because of this dll crazyness I get this error:

Here is the link to the dll that is recommended for Windows Phone 8:
    https://prime31.com/docs#winphoneGeneral

18. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

The problem:
    When I import the plugins, don't change anything and try to build the project.
    It fails because plugins collide with each other.
    There is a P31RestKit.dll in the Plugins/WP8 folder and in the Plugins folder.

When I delete the one in the Plugins folder which is only for the Unity editor so it recognizes the functions available in the plugin I get some editor errors...I can't access using Prime31 and so on...

So the logic behind that is that in the P31RestKit there are funtions that the unity editor won't throw errors and in the WP8 folder there is the dll which should overwrite the P31RestKit.dll when I build the app.

Now I can't build the app because I can't delete the P31RestKit in the Plugin folder and I can't delete the one in the WP8 folder????

Could it be that in Unity 4.5 the "Plugins collide with each other" is ignored and the files in the WP8 folder overwrite the files in the plugins folder?

19. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Okay, so let me just confirm, there are several P31RestKit.dll's

Assets\Plugins\P31RestKit.dll - should be marked as Editor in the plugin inspector
    Assets\Plugins\WP8\P31Restkit.dll - should be marked as WP8 plugin, if it's indeed a WP8 plugin

finally, if you're building for WP 8.1:
    Assets\Plugins\WSA\P31Restkit.dll - should marked as WSA plugin, also depending against which SDK (SDK 8.0 or SDK 8.1) it was compiled, the SDK setting should be also set. WSA plugins are used when building to Windows Store Apps or Windows Phone 8.1

Note: You cannot use WP8 plugins for WP8.1

20. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

I switched platform to Windows Phone 8. (indeed the plugins are for Windows Phone 8 - my mistake)

Now if I import the plugins there is a Assets\Plugins\P31RestKit.dll - "Any Platform" selected.
    The P31RestKit.dll in Assets\Plugins\WP8\P31RestKit.dll has "WP8Player" selected.

In Unity 4.5 the one in Assets\Plugins is only used for the Unity Editor and got overwritten by the one in Assets/Plugins/WP8 when building the app.

Now in Unity 5 b14 I can't build because it tells me "Plugins collide each other".

Full message when I try to build the app without changing anything after importing the plugin:
    Plugin 'P31WinPhoneAdMob.dll' is used from several locations:
    Assets/Plugins/P31WinPhoneAdMob.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/P31WinPhoneAdMob.dll
    Assets/Plugins/WP8/P31WinPhoneAdMob.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/P31WinPhoneAdMob.dll
    Plugin 'P31WinPhoneStore.dll' is used from several locations:
    Assets/Plugins/P31WinPhoneStore.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/P31WinPhoneStore.dll
    Assets/Plugins/WP8/P31WinPhoneStore.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/P31WinPhoneStore.dll
    Plugin 'P31RestKit.dll' is used from several locations:
    Assets/Plugins/P31RestKit.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/P31RestKit.dll
    Assets/Plugins/WP8/P31RestKit.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/P31RestKit.dll
    Please fix plugin settings and try again.

UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultPluginImporterExtension:CheckFileCollisions(String)
    UnityEditorInternal.PluginsHelper:CheckFileCollisions(BuildTarget) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Plugins/PluginsHelper.cs:25)

When I set the platform of the plugins .dll files in Assets/Plugins to "Editor" it begins to build and crashes after this error:

I decided to click Assets > Reimport All and now this message appears. After clicking reimport all Unity reopens and imports the assets. This message is the first thing I see in the console. If I try to build the app the message from above is shown:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
    at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyNameReference name, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyNameReference name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.DefaultAssemblyResolver.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyNameReference name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.MetadataResolver.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.TypeReference.Resolve () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.Mixin.CheckedResolve (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference self) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeEnum (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference enum_type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElementValue (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElement (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArgument (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeConstructorArguments (Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute attribute, Mono.Collections.Generic.Collection`1 parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader.ReadCustomAttributeSignature (Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute attribute) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.<Resolve>b__2 (Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute attribute, Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Read[CustomAttribute,CustomAttribute] (Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute item, System.Func`3 read) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.Resolve () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.get_ConstructorArguments () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute customAttribute, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition moduleDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit[AssemblyDefinition] (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition node, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.DoAccept[AssemblyDefinition] (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition definition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor visitor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.Accept (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor visitor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Apply (AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.Run (AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.CheckForObsoleteAPIUsage (AssemblyUpdater.Application.CommandLineSpec config) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    UnityEditor.Scripting.AssemblyUpdaterHelper:DoesAssemblyRequireUpgrade(String)

I read about a solution where you can set the Api Compatibility Level to .Net 2.0 instead of .NET 2.0 subset....no success.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  21. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I think I know what's up. You need to select the editor DLL to act as a placeholder to WP8 DLL so Mono compiler doesn't try to load what it does not under. You can set it here:

http://i.imgur.com/KuEc234.png

Sorry for lack of documentation!

22. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

Ok thanks. Everything worked now except the submission :-(

I build the app with visual studio and test it on my lumia 520 - works
    When I try to upload the master xap file it works but the Microsoft Dev Center tells me the following:
    1028: The native API api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0.dll:FormatMessageA() is not allowed in the Assembly UnityPlayer.dll. Update the file and try again.

23. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Now that looks like a bug.. and a nasty one! I wonder how nobody noticed it before. I'm sorry, but it looks like there's not much you can do here. However, it will be fixed in the following beta - thanks for finding it.

MrEsquire and grosssmutttr like this.
  24. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

Shall I send a bug report?

25. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Definitly :)

26. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

Just saw the beta 15 but in the release notes the windows phone fix isn't mentioned.
    So this is not part of beta 15?

27. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

We have our beta cutoffs at Tuesdays, while we noticed the bug on Wednesday. Sorry about that. It will be included in beta16.

grosssmutttr likes this.
  28. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

There is a bug in Unity that will cause a WACK failure you have to do the following after each build from Unity that you intend to upload to the Windows Store (for test builds WACK does not matter):

• Delete the Facebook.dll file from the Visual Studio project that Unity created
    • Manually copy the Facebook.dll file from the Plugins/Metro folder into the Visual Studio project

Try the above

29. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

I think you described a .dll issue.
    In Unity 5 you can set the platform in the import settings, so perhaps this is also a solution in your case.

The bug mentioned above has something to do with the core lib of Unity so we have to wait for a fix before you can upload a new windows 8 app...

30. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

With beta 16 I was able to send the app to review. Hopefully it goes through! Thanks for the fix!

Edit:
    Just got an email that the certification process was successfull! Thanks again!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  31. AbandonedCart

AbandonedCart

Just to add a note that may help others with an issue similar to this, I was unable to build because of the colliding plugin error with Oculus libs. I had selected x86 for the 32-bit lib they place in the general folder, and x86_64 for the version they put in the corresponding folder. Still got the error.
    It seems I was unable to set ALL of the values that were set to AnyCPU during import by selecting the boxes in editor. I was able to get around this issue by editing the .meta file in a text editor for each version. It isn't pretty, but it is a way to build until an official fix is released.
    In case you are wondering, Unity 5 b 17