Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows MR & VRTK - Warning 0xdef00520 - Invalid qualifier: DLL-RESOURCES

Discussion in 'VR' started by burkeda0300, Jun 7, 2018.

1. burkeda0300

burkeda0300

Hi All,

I'm currently attempting to build (which will be deployed to the Windows Store) a project using the following:

Visual Studio 2017
    Unity 2018.1.3f1
    VRTK 3.3.0a
    VRTK Windows MR Extension

I'm able to build successfully in Unity and Visual Studio 2017. I do get the below warning:

0xdef00520 - Invalid qualifier: DLL-RESOURCES

It does also pass the Windows Store Verification with no issues.

I can run in the Unity Editor with no errors or issues what so ever, however, when building Appx packages and running through the Mixed Reality Portal; I am all of a sudden not able to use any laser pointers or interact with buttons. The VRTK pointers are visible but do not interact with buttons.

I suspect it could be due to the above warning. Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. cyenketswamy

cyenketswamy

Ive never use this toolkit before. If there are any demo samples, try building and packaging them and see if you encounter the same warning then you know for certain its not your project.

3. burkeda0300

burkeda0300

Good Idea and Thanks!

I was able to build the "[002 Pointer] StraightPointer" VRTK example Scene and ran through the Mixed Reality portal, all functionality worked.

It appears to not be the SDK's involved. I suspect that the problem stems from the use of multiple canvases used in the one and only scene and the use of multiple VRTK_UICanvas scripts in the scene. This is an issue which I have seen in the past.