Search Unity

Windows Mixed Reality package is installed but SDK is missing from XR settings

Discussion in 'VR' started by c_james, Jan 2, 2019.

1. c_james

c_james

I have installed the Windows Mixed Reality package version 1.0.7 in Unity 2018.3.0f2 but there is no option to add the WMR SDK under XR Setttings.

The mixed reality portal is installed and the HMD is working. Windows is up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would love to support WMR without using steamVR.

2. Don-L727

Don-L727

c_james likes this.
  3. c_james

c_james

I did try putting both MRToolKit and MRToolkit - SDK in my assets but not the examples folder. Probably why it still didn't work. I was hoping this was a lightweight option that didn't require the toolkit.

I use XR to run both the rift and the vive without their own plugins. Wish I could do the same with WMR. If I change the target platform to Universal Windows Platform the headset works out of the box, but I need Standalone.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  4. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

You need to switch over in the Options, if you look closely at the top of the panel you are in standalone. You need to be in the Windows XR Panel.

upload_2019-1-2_13-2-58.png

davisdarby and c_james like this.
  5. c_james

c_james

Thank you so much, I totally missed that.

6. c_james

c_james

Got it to work, but still requires steamVR to be installed unfortunately.

7. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Is your platform under Build Settings set to Universal Windows Platform? If you're under "PC, Linux, Mac standalone" that will require SteamVR I believe