Search Unity

Windows Desktop 64-bit being built on a Mac editor

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by cshankland_unity, Feb 22, 2019.

1. cshankland_unity

cshankland_unity

Hello,

I have a Windows Desktop 64-bit build configured on my cloud dash. It is failing to build because of the following collection of defines (from the log):

4847: [Unity] /define:UNITY_STANDALONE_WIN
    4872: [Unity] /define:UNITY_EDITOR
    4874: [Unity] /define:UNITY_EDITOR_OSX

It is not clear to me why any editor defines are enabled and in particular why OSX is defined for a windows desktop build. I will also note that based on the path to unity in the log, the executor is a mac which is another confusing tidbit.

Maybe I've just missed some config option?

Cheers

2. victorw

victorw

These defines are standard and are present in all Unity builds, allowing you to customize code dependent on target and execution environment - see the documentation for platform-dependent compilation.

At the moment all UCB execution takes place on OSX builders. We are currently working on adding Windows/Linux execution environments however and hope to make these available to customers for beta testing soon.

3. cshankland_unity

cshankland_unity

When I build from the editor on a windows machine I do not have any UNITY_EDITOR* definitions, so I'm not sure what you mean by "these defines are present in all Unity builds"

For example (on my windows machine):
    Code (CSharp):
    2. #if !UNITY_EDITOR
    3. error;
    4. #endif
    6. #if !UNITY_EDITOR_WIN
    7. error;
    8. #endif
    This will fail to compile during a build - as expected - and seems to imply that neither UNITY_EDITOR nor UNITY_EDITOR_WIN are in fact defined during that build. My expectation is that when doing a UCB run that the definitions would be the same, but according to the build log that is not the case.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  4. victorw

victorw

Ah right, sorry I misread your initial question. Yes, that's a bit strange that the
    UNITY_EDITOR
    defines are there during the build. If you submit a support ticket we can look deeper into why exactly this is happening.