Search Unity

Windows - Cloud Build Success but Download Button doesn't work

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by AlexNanomonx, Jul 2, 2020.

1. AlexNanomonx

AlexNanomonx

Pretty much what it says in the title, on our windows build, it completes successfully but fails to provide a downloadable archive. It also doesn't generate a sharable link. It just started doing this a couple days ago. Our android, iOS and OSX builds seem to be completing fine.

As far as I can see there are no errors in the log.

Is anyone else encountering this issue, or any clue where to look to fix this?

2. victorw

victorw

This looks like a frontend bug. I'm not really sure how this slipped in or how it avoided notice for this long but it appears that the "Content-Only Build" switch is functioning the wrong way around. I'm currently trying to figure out how this is happening (in the code that I'm looking at it's the right way around but we might have the wrong code deployed somehow). I see you've just switched on content-only build for this config though so hopefully that will resolve your issue.

3. victorw

victorw

Yeah this bug was actually fixed ages ago but somehow our package manager pulled in the wrong version of the dependency for this. I'll try to get this hotfixed today (no change will be needed on your side)

4. victorw

victorw

Actually on further investigation this does not appear to be a bug at all, I just got confused because you were switching the content-only flag while I was looking into this. It looks like you had the content-only flag set for all your previous builds (which as a result did not generate a player) and then temporarily unset it for one more build (which resulted in a successful player export). When I investigated I was unable to replicate any frontend bugs for this field, and when looking at your builds this field seems to have been set to the correct value for each build result.

5. AlexNanomonx

AlexNanomonx

Huh. Thanks for this. I did think it was odd that Content-only Build was set to true. It is also odd that all our build configs, even the ones that built the player have it set to true. Could you explain (if you've got the time) why our builds of non-windows platforms (such as the Develop Android build config) still generate .apk/.ipa/.zip files even when Content-Only Build is set to true?

I did find that it worked in my experiments to set it to false. So tomorrow I'll copy that setting to all of our build configs.

6. victorw

victorw

I'm not sure why those are still being generated. The content-only build option skips the call to the BuildPipeline.BuildPlayer method however it would not surprise me if Asset Bundle builds for non-standalone platforms are poorly optimized and so cannot be executed without generating a player artifact. Asset Bundles have a lot of fundamental design issues such as those which is why Addressables are being developed as the replacement.

7. AlexNanomonx

AlexNanomonx

Sweet, thank you very much for the help.