Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Windows Build Support on a Mac

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ruskoul3, Jul 2, 2020.

1. ruskoul3

ruskoul3

I recently tried installing windows build support for unity on my mac mini(MacOS Catalina / version 10.15.4) but it doesn't work... i tried to install unity using the hub in the past, but the install didn't complete and it just vanished, so i did a manual install using the offline installer. during the installation process i only selected mac build support, and finished the installation. Now i require the Windows build support as well, and since i did not use unity hub, i cannot add components using the hub. so i went to the unity website and downloaded the windows build support package to install it. everything seems fine, until when the installation nearly completes, when it gives me this message:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/11iYbJfnDDu6tHVmDPxtwd8DmE4kaW726/view?usp=sharing
    idk how to fix this; i tried installing other modules like the android build support and they worked. its just the windows build support that doesn't work, so it's not a problem with my system.

help pls

2. DiegoDePalacio

DiegoDePalacio

Unity Technologies

Hi @ruskoul3,

This usually happens if you change the default installation path of Unity before installing the additional support.

Have you changed the `Unity.app` to a different folder, other than the one used by default?

If so, move back Unity to his original location and try to install again the Windows support.

Good luck with it!

3. kingcreeper800

kingcreeper800

Hi, I have the same problem, but the thing is that I never moved unity from it's default folder, please help me