Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Build support not listed in 5.4b8 Download Assistant

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by bdovaz, Mar 2, 2016.

1. bdovaz

bdovaz

It's not listed and we can't install it.

2. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

With the removal of the webplayer Windows/OSX standalone are now the new default platforms and always included when installing the editor.
    If it doesn't show up after the install please file a report.

3. bdovaz

bdovaz

It's not listed in the release notes or in the "Unity 5.4.0b8" option description in the Download Assistant. I thought it was a bug.

Also, why you don't separate Monodevelop from Unity Editor? I use Visual Studio and I don't want Monodevelop. We are many people that don't use Monodevelop ever and don't want it wasting hard disk space.

Thanks.

normand likes this.
  4. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Thanks for noting....I'll update it for next round for release notes and for the final roll up.

Time. It's on our list, but lots of other fixes and improvements to be done on the installers and elsewhere have taken precedent. A bigger win for us is to still shrink other installers, and other various improvements. So, I'll expect we'll get to it, but not just yet.

5. spacefrog

spacefrog

The manual module downloads links for Windows Target Support (in windows downloads) and Mac Target Support (in OSX downloads) are still listed under additional downloads->component installers on the beta page ( http://unity3d.com/unity/beta/ ) , but lead to dead links.
    That's pretty confusing. IMHO those links should be removed

6. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Good catch. Fixed them and noted their removal and inclusion in the editor install.

spacefrog likes this.
  7. spacefrog

spacefrog

8. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Thanks! Fixed!