Search Unity

Windows Build runs on 4:3 aspect ration, regardless of the player settings (hardware issue?)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ThatsMaik, Oct 10, 2019.

1. ThatsMaik

ThatsMaik

Hello Everyone,

I'm working on a commercial project for a museum. I made an app with Unity to run on a small Zotac Magnus EN1060K. I don't know why (and im running out of ideas), but after I build the Unity App for Windows the app runs on a 4:3 aspect ratio. Im not a nooby and haven't had any issues with previous projects so far.

1. Within Unity everything is fine.
    2. The player settings won't change anything.
    3. When i enable the setup dialogue, in which i can choose the resolution, everything is fine too. (Although it gives me a default suggestion of 1176x664, which is super odd.)
    4. When i force the app via script to run on 16:9 - the app runs on a 16:9 ration WITHIN the 4:3 aspect ratio frame.

Im quite sure now that its some kind of hardware issue. On my Macbook Pro (osX Build) it runs fine, no problems. Also on an other Windows PC with other Specs it runs fine. I have a second Zotac PC in case the other one dies while running at the exhibition. I had the same problem there but solved it by making sure the monitor is on and running before Windows is booting. (Strange right?) But it doesn't work with the second Zotac PC, which is running on a different monitor.

I installed the newest graphics driver and all other drivers are up to date.

Any suggestions, ideas? Anyone experienced a similar problem in the past?

The specs of the two Zotac PCs:
    • 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5-7500T Quad-Core.
    • Up to 32GB of 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM.
    • 1 x 2.5" Drive Bay | 1 x M.2 Slot.
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU (6GB GDDR5)
    Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT: The app runs with Unity 2019.2.3f1 and Windows 10

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

After you run the game on a computer it saves its current resolution settings and uses them the next time you run it. Changing the defaults doesn't change this. I believe they are saved at the same location as playerprefs. Close the game, wipe those out, and relaunch the game and it should open with whatever your defaults are.

ThatsMaik likes this.
  3. ThatsMaik

ThatsMaik

Dear Joe-Censored - you saved my day!

That was the issue. Never thought about this. Very good to know. Thank you very very much!

Joe-Censored likes this.