Search Unity

Question Windows ARM64 - Game crashes after loading scene.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by LetmeDwight, Feb 27, 2023.

1. LetmeDwight

LetmeDwight

I made a simple scene with just a cube and a camera and there was no problem...
    But if I try to run my windows ARM64 build on my Windows 11 ARM, I always end in a crash.
    If I use the Mono, the game crashes directly after the Unity Banner appeared...
    If I use the IL2CPP, the game crashes, after I try to change the scene in my game from the mainmenu to the actual 2D Game.

What was the issue? Because it can't be my windows, the simple ARM64 build with just a camera and a cube in the scene did work without crashing...

I have here attached the Player.log of the "mono" (build) and the "IL2CPP" (build) of my game:

Attached Files:

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi,

thanks for testing our beta! We have a couple known crash issues with Mono with fixes on the way. However, it's not clear from the log where the crash is coming from and whether it's one of the known issues we have. Could you capture a dump file using the method outlined here https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/wer/collecting-user-mode-dumps? Our crash handler sometimes fails on ARM64 and we're still in middle of fixing that.

IL2CPP issue looks completely different. Could you report a bug for this one so we could investigate? Please let me know the bug report number once you file it.

3. LetmeDwight

LetmeDwight

I can not find the bug report number for this Unity forum thread, but I hope the link will do it too:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/windows-arm64-game-crashes-after-loading-scene.1405606/

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Sorry, I might have not been clear. When I said report a bug, I meant via the editor bug reporting tool. See https://unity.com/releases/editor/qa/bug-reporting. The log alone isn't enough for us to investigate it.

I will lock the other thread as this one contains all the info of it anyway.

LetmeDwight likes this.
  5. LetmeDwight

LetmeDwight

CASE IN-33623

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Thanks. I asked some extra information on the bug report portal.

Regarding the Mono build, are you able to configure your machine to capture a crash dump to share it with us?

7. LetmeDwight

LetmeDwight

Attached Files:

8. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies