Search Unity

Windows App Certification kit error for UWP app (Xbox/Win)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DavidPolux, May 11, 2020.

1. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Hi everyone,
    i've launch a test with Windows App Certification Kit and i've two errors:
    • L’API __CxxFrameHandler4 présente dans vcruntime140_1_app.dll n’est pas prise en charge pour ce type d’application. xxxxxxx.exe appelle cette API.
    • L’API __CxxFrameHandler4 présente dans vcruntime140_1_app.dll n’est pas prise en charge pour ce type d’application. GameAssembly.dll appelle cette API.
    What's the matter? How can i solve this?

I've also see an error with: SplashScreen.scale-200.png
    where can i update it? in player settings?

Thanks a lot in advance.

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Splashscreen image can be changed in the player settings.

The __CxxFrameHandler4 error is safe to ignore and will not fail Windows certification once submitted. It's a bug in Windows SDK that causes it to appear locally.

3. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Thanks a lot for your answer :)

another little things:
    when i build my project, in the project settings i've set all the pictures for all the scales (620x300; 775x375; 930x450; 1240x600; 2480x1200). But when i launch my UWP on the Xbox Dev, it show only the 1240x600 at launch (which gives a small centered image).
    The background is white too and i need to go on the appmanifest on visual studio to pass it to black.
    is it an option on the player settings i've not seen? I've checked "Overwrite background color" too but it seems to do nothing)

Thanks a lot in advance.

4. timke

timke

If Unity has already built a Visual Studio project, it will not overwrite it with changes to settings/configurations.

In this case, if you change the Spashscreen image in Unity Editor, the changes aren't written to an existing VS project. The reason is, we don't want to blow away any changes/configurations you've made directly to the VS project.

So, you can simply delete the UWP build and then have Unity create a new VS project (or output a new build to a different folder). Or you can change the Splashscreen images directly in Visual Studio via the Appx.manifest file.