Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 10 Universal Store app missing full screen icon

Discussion in 'Windows' started by shopguy, Jun 29, 2016.

1. shopguy

shopguy

Thanks to another thread here in forums I can now get my game to default to full-screen when launched:

Code (CSharp):
    1. ApplicationView.PreferredLaunchWindowingMode = ApplicationViewWindowingMode.FullScreen;
    However, if the user exists full screen mode, as far as I can tell they have no way to get back to full screen mode, other than to restart the app. I found this which has some possible solutions, but none of them look as clean as I would think so I haven't tried them:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31773257/windows-universal-app-fullscreen-button

My old games that I built using Unity 4.x and targeting Windows 8.0 work exactly as I would like my new games to work... they have an enter/exit full-screen icon up near the min/max/restore/close icons in the top-right of the window title bar. My new games, that target Win 10 Universal, have the other icons, even the exit full screen (when in full screen), but as soon as they exit full screen, there is no "go back to full screen" icon. WTH kind of UX is that Microsoft team?

Seeing as how the functionality exists in Windows (they apply it to legacy apps), seems like there should be some easily setting/flag to just toggle, like there used to be to hide/show min/max/restore/close icons in Win32 era?

Not really a Unity specific question, but as I've never seen a decent Windows community support group, here I am asking you awesome group of peeps :)

p.s.-I'm testing on Windows 10, both my actual desktop PC and also tablet "Simulator" option from Visual Studio.

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I don't think there's a way to add a button to the title bar, but what I've seen in other games they both react to ALT + ENTER keyboard shortcut and have "fullscreen" option in the settings menu. You can switch to fullscreen using Screen.SetResolution API.

shopguy likes this.