Search Unity

Windows 10 standalone spontaneously exits fullscreen (Solved!)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Morgan, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Morgan

Morgan

My Unity game spontaneously exits fullscreen after around 10 or 15 minutes, on two different (but identical) PCs. They are brand-new out-of-the-box Windows 10 Dell OptiPlex 3040 MTs, with screensaver and sleep disabled. Core i7, Radeon i7, 8GB RAM.

The symptoms, oddly, have varied:

- Sometimes the whole system freezes on black.

- Sometimes the Unity game minimizes itself to the tray.

- Sometimes the Unity game exits fullscreen and just keeps going in windowed mode.

No problems on Mac. We will try other PCs when we can, but these are the PCs that must run this installation.

The game is very simple—in fact, this happens on the main menu loop when no users are anywhere near.

Any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks in advance!

2. Morgan

Morgan

We tracked it down to some Dell pre-installed cr@pware. I wasn't on site and don't know the specific name, but it turned up in the Task Manager.

Some things are simpler here in Mac-land! Maybe we should have gone to the MS Store and gotten one of those signature editions...

3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Was that software killing the process?

4. Morgan

Morgan

I don't believe the Unity app was being killed—in those 3 scenarios, 2 had the game still running (just not full-screen anymore). The third, who knows—hard freeze.