Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Win phone 8.1: Error "AwakeFromLoadThreaded" on every GameObject?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by OneManBandGames, Jul 10, 2015.

1. OneManBandGames

OneManBandGames

I'm trying to port my game over to windows phone 8.1. When I run the game, I'm getting the following error for most of, if not all, GameObjects in the scene:

AwakeFromLoadThreaded has not been called: '<NameOfGameObject>' (MonoBehaviour). Figure out where the object gets created and call AwakeFromLoadThreaded correctly.

(see the attached screenshot).

These errors appear immediately at the beginning of the scene. If I click them away, the game seems to behave normally as expected until I reload the scene which brings up the errors again.
    This error only appears when I target Windows Phone 8.1, it does not appear when targeting Windows Desktop, Android, Web Plugin or Windows Phone 8.

This error does not appear in simple scenes with few GameObjects, for example in a loading screen. I have tried to isolate the error by rebuilding a complex scene one by one to see which specific GameObject / Script / Whatever makes the error appear. The strange thing is that I cannot relate this error to a single entity in the game: The error seems to appear after I reach a certain threshold of objects included in the scene and seems to "get worse" (=it is thrown for more objects) the more objects I add to the scene.

Another strange thing is that I can see that the error also is thrown for Prefabs which are not part of the current scene, but are referenced by scripts so they can be instantiated later in the game.

Can anyone identify what "AwakeFromLoadThreaded" is and point me in the right direction how I can resolve this? I'm thankful for every new idea... =)

Attached Files:

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi, these are actually internal error messages - I don't think you can resolve them yourself. HOWEVER, these messages will only appear in debug builds. If you build "Release" or "Master", they will not be printed. If it's not breaking your bug, I'd just suggest you to switch "Release" builds for development, as debug are only useful if you're debugging crashes.

In the meantime, could we get a bug report on this? It's most likely a bug in our code.

3. OneManBandGames

OneManBandGames

Thanks for clarifying, I was already flirting with the idea of "I can just release it, the errors won't be visible anyway" =) I still have a bit work to do for the windows phone version, so I will submit a bug report and maybe there is a solution in sight until I release it to the public.

4. OneManBandGames

OneManBandGames

Bug report sent, Case# 711358

5. OneManBandGames

OneManBandGames

I have now played the game in a release build on a physical device: The errors are not visible to the player and it does not seem to have any influence on the gameplay or performance of the game, so therefore it is only a minor inconvenience than a real issue.