Search Unity

[Win/Linux/Android] Advanced Invaders - classic SHMUP

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Siegewolf, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Siegewolf

Siegewolf

Well my first Unity game is completed and published :)

Advanced Invaders is a game done much in spirit of Space Invaders. It is a classic shoot 'em up game with retro-style action and, naturally, a lot of additional features compared to the ancient role model.

This is a game with classic arcade campaign, intro-levels-outro, and with unlockable game mode, once the main game is finished. I also like to mention that it has one very special level in the campaign that is significantly different gameplay-wise than the standard game (almost like entirely different game). Beside campaign, this game offers, different weapons that player can use, different enemy weapons that player has to avoid and so on. Oh and this game isn't exactly easy... at least not in Windows/Linux version ;)

The game is available at google play and itch.io at the moment, and its homepage is here:

http://www.justgameware.com/advanced-invaders

I am also thinking to piece together an Unity editor project based on this game for Unity Asset store. This project would contain all the content I wish Unity's own 2D test game had. Of all the stuff I was reading/watching regarding development in Unity this 2D test game was by far the most useful all-in-one package to me, but still not enough. Here I mean that often critical game structure that was missing. Stuff like menus, options menu where one can tweak resolution, details, volumes, etc. control bindings, virtual joypad or how to save data like config settings or game stuff in binary/XML format, etc.

As complete rounded game, Advanced Invaders has all this, and the editor project would retain all this structure too. Plus my code is already organized and decently commented (mostly out of serious compulsive behavior :)), so it might be a... worthy addition to the asset store?