Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Will you marry me?

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by Socapex, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Socapex

Socapex

New ‘Rigidbody2D.useFullKinematicContacts’ property allowing kinematic bodies to contact other static/kinematic bodies (in addition to already contacting dynamic bodies) returning full contacts in ‘OnCollisionXXX’ callbacks.
    I love you.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    superpig, der_r and Jay-Pavlina like this.
  2. Socapex

Socapex

I retract that statement. Kinematic bodies only get OnCollision called, but do not collide with other kinematic bodies. So we still have to fight with freaking dynamic rigidbody hacks to make a simple, non-physics based game.

3. Jay-Pavlina

Jay-Pavlina

Why would you expect kinematic bodies to react to collisions? It states in the documentation that they don't. With the data in the OnCollision methods, you can make them react manually if you choose to.

4. Socapex

Socapex

You link current documentation, it is irrelevant for the preview. You also link non 2D documentation...

One can hope, but if you read the google doc carefully, it doesn't mention actual collisions. I just thought we'd finally get a native collision system for games that don't use dynamic rigidbodies (practically all 2D games I've ever worked on).

So, UT, could we get non-dynamic collisions out-of-the-box someday plz? I would re-open my marriage proposition if we do! :D

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016