Search Unity

Will Unity support Realtime Compositing in the near future?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Brainslum, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Brainslum

Brainslum

Hi,

I am a virtual production creator based in Los Angeles. I think Unity has a few edges over Unreal in terms of virtual production such as volumetric filmmaking support and Cinemachine. However, real time compositing is the most reliable real time production workflow or its final image quality and speed. This area Unity lacks thrid party or in house support.

By realtime compositing, I am referencing Zero Density Reality and support for Camera focus/aperture tracking devices such as Red Stype, Halide FX from Lightcraft and NCAM(this company has depth tracking from what I have heard).

However, after testing devices and plugins, I figured Stype is the only one supporting Unity right now, and their development kit is rather obsolete: noot sure about HDRP, but their plugin is purely based on camera class API, instead of taking advantages of the cinemachine. It just requires headache change and maintenance for it to work with the recent Unity features.

So do you guys know any stable third party developer for Realtime Compositing, that is up to date with the recent Unity features?
    Also, something like Zero Density Reality would be really appreciated in the futre.

If Unity has goals in Film/TV. I think a stable real time compositing solution is a must and will seal the deal when it comes to filmmaking in real time.

Thanks!

2. Brainslum

Brainslum

hi again,

would love to hear some reponse about this.

thabks!

3. OldLegWig

OldLegWig

What advantages would cinemachine add if you are wanting to composite based on the movement and lens of a real camera?

4. Brainslum

Brainslum

Hmhmmm can someone give insight on whether unity has compatible comp device??????????

Reason cinemachine would be nice is that I may want to transition a shot from dolly to tracked