Search Unity

Will unity navigation has a ecs version navMeshAgent and navMeshObstable component In the future?

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by lijianfeng, Jul 29, 2019.

1. lijianfeng

lijianfeng

the NavmeshQuery is not easy to use,and no Collision Avoidance,steering behaviour,or I need to implenent myself?:eek:

2. snacktime

snacktime

Ya NavmeshQuery forces a certain amount of pain. If you want to use it with burst you pretty much have to use a pattern of a unique IJob for each path request. I tried using unsafe pointers but never got that to work completely.

Unity's crowd handling is based on detour in https://github.com/recastnavigation/recastnavigation. It's not a horribly difficult port but the current limitations of NavmeshQuery would make so.

The problem is detour has to reason about all agents AND it has to make occasional full path queries. Detour just does it all inline. With the limitations of NavmeshQuery that flow doesn't work, you would have to make some changes. I would do all in my power to get unsafe pointers working with NavmeshQuery, I wouldn't even want to try a port without that solved.