Search Unity

Will Timeline and Animation ever have CUT/Paste?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by jbergs, Nov 15, 2019.

1. jbergs

jbergs

Simple question I guess. Timeline and animator have Copy and Paste for keys and clips but don't have Cut and Paste. Seems like a common thing to surprisingly not have..

2. jbergs

jbergs

Seriously, still no cut/paste!! Been wanting this for years now. How are not more people asking for this. It’s common in every other animation software.

3. akent99

akent99

What cut/paste are you missing (and maybe in what version of Unity are you using)? I copy and paste things a lot, but am in 2022.2. Do you mean an animation track with directly keyed values? For that I right-click "convert to clip track" then I can copy and paste the clip. You cannot convert the clip track back to a non-clip track, but I guess I have never needed that enough to be annoyed by its lack.

The bit I am missing personally is copy and paste that copies and pastes between sequences including copying the characters and bindings (if you copy an animation track between sequences, the binding still links to the characters in the original sequence instead of the destination sequence).