Search Unity

Feedback Will there ever be continuous movements without generating the C# Class?

Discussion in 'Input System' started by PaulMDev, Nov 18, 2021.

1. PaulMDev

PaulMDev

I really like the player input component but it is a bit useless if you cannot make movements without generating the C # Class.
    We can use started and cancelled to do something similar, but it's not an ideal solution.

So I was wondering if there will ever be a way to call the function every frame or another system that would make continuous movements easy and with a code workflow similar to buttons.

sorry for my bad English

2. INeatFreak

INeatFreak

What do you mean by "continuous movement"?

Yea, I don't like generating C# class either. It's just annoying to maintain and creates dependencies in my scripts for that specific class.

3. PaulMDev

PaulMDev

Sorry for not being clear. I call continuous movement actions taking place over several frames (such as player movements or fps camera movements).

I don't really have a problem with the C # class, I think it's always better than referencing data with strings (like with the old input system or the animation system).
    The problem is that the player input component is even better since we can manage the way the functions are called without coding. But rare are the games where you don't have to move the players with WASD or a joystick which makes the player input component pretty much useless and the new input system less accessible for beginners.